Santaman2346

Beautiful locations discussion thread.

Hello forum goers, my name is Chris or better known by my online alias Santaman.

I have created this thread so like-minded players can share interesting or downright beautiful locations that they have found whilst exploring this lovely part of Chernarus. (The game map is set in the eastern part of Chernarus in a region known as South Zagoria, or so my limited research tells me)

Considering I am the one who's started this thread I think it's only fitting for me to tell you of a location that I find appealing. Castle Zub viewed from the east, the way the tower sticks out from the forest and watches over the surrounding area really strikes me. It looks even better in the early morning light or at sunset.

Whilst I would like this thread to be a discussion of already seen places it would be nice if people also posted about a place they'd like to see. (For both things pictures would probably be good, I'm going against what I've said here I suppose but I can always find a picture at somepoint)

Now a place I'd like to visit is the region around Skalka, I've been on top of Misty peak and whilst it's certainly a nice area it's a bit empty. On the map the region around Skalka which I think is south of the pass appears to have a few buildings that may prove interesting, the hill itself has both open and wooded areas on it and hopefully I'll be able to get a good view of the surrounding areas.

Okay now that my post is done and written I open the gates to the explorers out there!

This sight was pretty awesome when we were passing by it in the morning when sun was rising from behind the castle in the horizon. Didn't take screenshot back then, in this pic it's not as pretty a sight since it's raining obviously

+ Rainbows are always pretty, right? :P

PS. that one murder was self defense, i swear :<

That second picture truly is a sight, the rain always serves to immerse me further into the game for some reason, and rainbows, well I think most of us can agree they really are a sight to be seen.

Nice pictures there Andrej I think either the first picture or the last one is my favourite, I love the silhouette on the horizon but the sky in the first image just looks amazing. I think it's safe to say Chernarus is a lovely place.

Sunrise over Pobeda Dam.

One in game and another from ArmA 2 editor (better control of lighting :idea:).