Sign in to follow this  
Just Caused

Character dies when logging out?

Can someone just even try to explain me what the heck has just happend? After 5 hours of running around for only netting for ghillie suit, and God knows how many hours for getting best sniper rifle in game, I go with my friend in apartments, trying to get some sniper action in Cherno. I've entered bathroom without windows, quitted to join another server and find myself dead? My friend told me that he saw blood coming out from my head. Can somebody even just care to explain me this bullshit? I didn't know DayZ had brain attack sickness where your blood veins just explode and you see blood from your head...

Honestly man....Were you combat logging?Or is your friend truly not your brother in arms,but a treacherous theif?

Firstly, urban sniping clearly isn't your strong suit. You should've found some camo-patterned clothes or a ghillie suit and sniped from the treeline. An important question here is- did you log out in front of the window or behind cover?

Can someone just even try to explain me what the heck has just happend? After 5 hours of running around for only netting for ghillie suit, and God knows how many hours for getting best sniper rifle in game, I go with my friend in apartments, trying to get some sniper action in Cherno. I've entered bathroom without windows, quitted to join another server and find myself dead? My friend told me that he saw blood coming out from my head. Can somebody even just care to explain me this bullshit? I didn't know DayZ had brain attack sickness where your blood veins just explode and you see blood from your head...

Sorry, re-read this. There were no windows. So you were probably sniped because of bullet penetration. You don't just die automatically from server glitches. You were just really unlucky and got sniped through a wall. Not sure why you thought it was a good idea to combat log in the middle of an apartment l in the most PvP-intense city in Chernarus, so I recommend you be more careful when you log out. You see, your character doesn't disappear instantly when he logs out. He stays for 30 or so seconds, completely still, meaning it's important to get out of the hot zone or hide before you log out. The apartment probably wasn't the best sniping spot in Cherno- you don't get much coverage from the Cherno apartments. Again, either snipe from the treeline or find a tall building, especially near the industrial areas.

Edited by maximumak777

Sorry, re-read this. There were no windows. So you were probably sniped because of bullet penetration. You don't just die automatically from server glitches. You were just really unlucky and got sniped through a wall. Not sure why you thought it was a good idea to combat log in the middle of an apartment l in the most PvP-intense city in Chernarus, so I recommend you be more careful when you log out. You see, your character doesn't disappear instantly when he logs out. He stays for 30 or so seconds, completely still, meaning it's important to get out of the hot zone or hide before you log out. The apartment probably wasn't the best sniping spot in Cherno- you don't get much coverage from the Cherno apartments. Again, either snipe from the treeline or find a tall building, especially near the industrial areas.

I wasn't in firefight. I was checking Cherno, saw no one after 5 minutes. I decided to get inside toilet without windows and double layer walls and quit there and switch to other servers. However, my friend was there, he didn't hear shot or anything, he just messaged me: "Did you just die? WTF, you are dead?"

Firstly, urban sniping clearly isn't your strong suit. You should've found some camo-patterned clothes or a ghillie suit and sniped from the treeline. An important question here is- did you log out in front of the window or behind cover?

Behind cover, I know what I'm doing while sniping, don't worry. :)

Honestly man....Were you combat logging?Or is your friend truly not your brother in arms,but a treacherous theif?

I know him for 3 months now, he's part of my group and I don't see why would he do that.

Edited by JustCaused

Can I ask what Sniper Rifle you used?

Also, you don't need a full ghillie suit to successfully hide yourself. Although you'll be practically invisible wearing one,you only really need it for gun wrap and the head.

These items provide excellent camouflage to successfully hide you in woodland environments (in this case, the Forest bordering Cherno)

Ghillie Head, Woodland or Moss pattern (Moss is probably better in this case)

If you don't have time to make a ghillie head or gun wrap, spray paint your gun green or black and wear either a beige balaclava, a green balaclava or a camo face mask AND Bandana.

Summer or Autumn Hunting Jacket(the camo patterns on these two really blend in on forest surfaces- the other hunting jackets are okay but they have one colour so they don't break up your silhouette very well.)

DPM Assault Vest- DPM pattern breaks your outline up better than other assault vest patterns. It also provides extra carrying capacity and protects you against bullets.

Summer/Autumn Hunting Pants or UMSC Woodland Pants

Any brown, beige or green boots

I discourage against using backpacks but the ones that blend in the best are Hunting Packs, Improvised Backpacks and SPOSN Tortilla Backpacks.

If you want to blend in with urban environments, wear grey or navy colours and preferably play at night in urban environments.

The choice of rifle is also very important.

AVOID:

Trumpets- can be fitted with a hunting scope, stealthy but weak damage and low range.

Repeaters: Excellent as a semi automatic combat rifle but does not have sniper capabilities

Izh43- Avoid this flimsy piece of shit at all costs.

DOUBLE EDGED SWORDS:

SKS: This rifle packs a high clip size, a nice range, a high fire rate and reasonable damage. However, it's key drawback is that it can't be fitted with a sniper scope,only a 3.5x PU Scope. Pick this rifle if you're covering shorter ranges such as sniping small alleyways and town centres.

Mosin: This rifle packs beautiful damage, has excellent range and beautiful accuracy. This rifle is very fun to use. It was THE sniper rifle of dayZ before it's sniper scope was removed in .57. The main drawback to the Mosin is that it can only be fitted with a PU Scope.

Sporter: Excellent stealth sniper. Packs a high clip size of 30, makes next to no noise, has almost no muzzle flash and quite good accuracy. The .22 round is also quite common. However,mags are rare and the damage is so low you might as well be shooting peas. Can down a poorly armed player in 1-2 shots and a well geared player in 7+ shots.

BEST SNIPER RIFLES:

Blaze 95: Superb damage,range and accuracy. If the first shot misses, the second one will. Drawback is that it only holds 2 shots, not ideal for squad wiping or large groups.

SVD: The best sniper rifle in the game. Can down a player in one shot and outclasses other Snipers by far. However, the rarity is not worth the time.

Winchester: The new Mosin. If you find this rifle, keep it and use it. Treat it with love. Make love to this rifle. It is a beautiful rifle.

Have fun with your future sniping experiences!

I wasn't in firefight. I was checking Cherno, saw no one after 5 minutes. I decided to get inside toilet without windows and double layer walls and quit there and switch to other servers. However, my friend was there, he didn't hear shot or anything, he just messaged me: "Did you just die? WTF, you are dead?"

Behind cover, I know what I'm doing while sniping, don't worry. :)

I know him for 3 months now, he's part of my group and I don't see why would he do that.

Perhaps it WAS a glitch then. My character is getting wiped a lot too. .58 is a terrible update. Was there anyone attacking you? Did you hear gunshots? Any sign of human activity?

im currently in a ghillie top and hood, I can assure you, you are indeed invisible whilst wearing it, but only in the correct environment. However the real question here is: Can you trust your friend?

-SNIP-

2015_10_30_00003.jpg

GG.

im currently in a ghillie top and hood, I can assure you, you are indeed invisible whilst wearing it, but only in the correct environment. However the real question here is: Can you trust your friend?

It's not about my friend, I know him in real life also, he died shortly after my quit, and it's not about ghillie suit in urban building. I was in room without any windows, hardly peneratable and got headshot. Maybe hacker? I just rage quitted DayZ after that until next update.

Edited by JustCaused

EDIT: My friend told me after that that all my stuff from body dissappeared, all my stuff was gone for 10 seconds after my death and all that was left, was my blue armband. Probably hacker?

Server-hopper who grab ur live n' stuff and hop or run away.

Last time i see a hopperdude or -gurl connected in front of my gun was @ prison island.

Another weird death i see with own eyes: friend lost connection, run like a ghost through the wall and fell 10 meters in his death

@ multi storey building

Edited by t-s

Server-hopper who grab ur live n' stuff and hop or run away.

Last time i see a hopperdude or -gurl connected in front of my gun was @ prison island.

Another weird death i see with own eyes: friend lost connection, run like a ghost through the wall and fell 10 meters in his death

@ multi storey building

How do you explain that invisible ghost took my stuff infront of my character's body? And left only armband?