Sign in to follow this  
wolffe

played for first time tonight

It was sweet.

Spawned at some coastal outpost unarmed, no one around. Scary as hell! I'm 22 and I haven't felt tension like that in a game since Resident Evil 2 for N64.

Luckily that tension decreased when I heard a voice talking and it was a good player who had just restarted. He told me to follow him over the mic & I started using my mic and we stuck together for hours. We both ran unarmed sneaking past zombies and checking buildings.

It took us an hour to find a building that had a nice find of a shotgun & 2 Winchester rifles. I found a bunch of car parts & some jerry cans which I pickd up and stored in my backpack.

We saw another survivor armed so we layed down in some bushes and he ran passed us (about 200m away). Later we found a small body of water next to a dam and while we drank and refilled we saw another survivor by a campfire on the hill. He never noticed us but took off. We followed the direction he was in but he simply disappeared with no trace.

But with the servers under attack we had to switch servers a lot until we found a good one but that eventually bombed.

My first impressions:

The Good:

-Original fun "hardcore" gameplay

-True "Survival horror", scary zombies, music, limited ammo, permadeath

-directional close in-game voip is excellent for communication

-fast zombies keeping you on the edge of your seat

-big world

-epic multiplayer

The bad:

-being based on arma2 i need a monster system to get good frame rates and they dipped pretty low at times on my system

-in its current state zombies sometimes ran through walls or entered a building by just walking through a wall

-pretty much being based in arma2

If BI or another game developer used an engine & designed a game solely around the concept of DayZ, it could be a huge success and even the thought of a game like that excites me.

I'm going to bed now but I love the mod & can't wait to play it again

Good to hear you liked it. As you mentioned there are some problems with how the game works, but it's still exciting as hell. I was waiting for this kind of gameplay for a long time.

It's great that you've found a goodhearted survivor. Friends in this game are way more scarce than good weapons.

I'm glad you liked it and had some valid input concerning the game. Zombies are a pain in the ass, yes, but taking in consideration that this is alpha I feel that it's pretty much justifiable.

Also, you do not really need a monster system. You just need to tweak the game a bit (read: a lot)

Try searching on the forums, there's a few configuration and tweaking guides.

"It's great that you've found a goodhearted survivor. Friends in this game are way more scarce than good weapons."

Pfft, they are scarcer than matches or even NVG's lol

Wow, Like Pinky said, it's harder to find a friendly surivor than it is to find a weapon :)

Glad you enjoyed it buddy

My first spawn I got runover by a car. Sounds like you had a much better time!

Now begins the decent into banditry.

I swear i was the guy with the campfire, i remember seeing your name in the text at the bottom left. Glad you didnt shoot me in the back!

Awesome I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's refreshing to see new players find that same spark I felt when I first played.

Just some advice you are going to die and it will suck very bad and you will lose awesome stuff but just move onto the next adventure, don't complain about it just learn.

Pro-Tip: Your bag has inventory slots of it's own. Def check out GuideZ channel if you're wondering on some of the basics.

Yea i agree with you on the bad its pretty odd when you see the base game holding the Mod back lol

I swear i was the guy with the campfire' date=' i remember seeing your name in the text at the bottom left. Glad you didnt shoot me in the back!

[/quote']

LOL! No we wanted to see if you were heading to anywhere special and we probably would have combined forces with you. So much for being stealthy we thought you never saw us =(