BL1P

Servers under attack still ?

jopp cant do shit because a little faggot kiddy thinks this shit is fun....i want to beat that kid really hard....with an crowbar or something like that

Probably should use an axe' date=' much stronger.

[/quote']

Was thinking the same thing. Axe! Cuz the crowbar takes 3 hits to kill a stupid zombie. Or was that the point?

isn't the hive database on the same server as this website? if it was getting ddos'ed, we wouldn't be posting threads here (just like yesterday when the site was down, at the same time waiting for character lockups were happening)

I almost guarantee this is because the database won't allow the large influx of connections it's getting; with all the new players coming in daily.

you would think you would have something more productive to do with your life then ruin someone elses leasure time... this is my day of ffs it only comes once a week.

someone fix the problem please, and or drag the little zit face out by his hair and break his fucking fingers.

kudos to whoever banned the hackers. they have literally ruined every god damn game out there.

it started with diablo 2, hacked bows, duped items, ruined economy, no point in playing.

then it goes onto games like cod, honestly? wall hacking? aimbots?

you only get the thrill of victory when there is the chance of failure.

remember how bored you get when you type all the cheats in on starcraft? sitting there going whats the point in playing? same shit.

and on a last note, all you hippies out there still thinking were all gonna hold hands and co operate with one another during a disaster, the sadist behavior displayed today by whoever is attacking the servers is just one example of the perverse nature of human beings.

and in case you dont know what a sadist is... its someone who derives pleasure from the suffering of others.

yeah im unable to loot stuff for minutes at a time, so annoying. Whats the goal of ddosin dayz

The kid probably doesn't realise you can go to prison for this shit.

Yep this. ^^

He prob' thinks he won't get caught... But even if he does, he will only get a telling off. At worst he might have to apologise to the community.

I mean, that's what always happens when his parents punish him right ?

I'll pretty much guarantee you that the parties responsible for the DDOS attacks are not in the U.S. or Western Europe, making it extremely unlikely that local authorities will give a shit.

Try Gits Evolution mod and lern to fly a huey, practice distance shots with the dayz weaponary

What's the solution to a server getting ddosed? Can you just call up your isp and tell them to stop all traffic from that source or add a filter to a router or something?

The kid probably doesn't realise you can go to prison for this shit.

Yep this. ^^

He prob' thinks he won't get caught... But even if he does' date=' he will only get a telling off. At worst he might have to apologise to the community.

I mean, that's what always happens when his parents punish him right ?

[/quote']

if he gets cought he will be fined and sent to jail. his parents is the least of his worries.

What's the solution to a server getting ddosed? Can you just call up your isp and tell them to stop all traffic from that source or add a filter to a router or something?

The solution would be to bring the servers down, stopping the attack, then resuming the servers shortly after. There current ISP obviously doesn't have any protection against a denial attack. However, i still don't believe this is a DDoS, at this current time.

So who is hacking the servers? and whY?

This is the guy that DDOS

https://twitter.com/#!/greenarruw

His probably mad because he got banned recently or some shit :)

Btw' date=' I've been playing on Norway 5 all morning without any lag issues !

[/quote']

I doubt he's doing it, he's probably some small dicked attention whore.

However the fact he keeps posting HIVE's IP address isn't helping.

Pretty clear it is eurotrash doing the attacks judging by the times they are doing it.

My money would be on russians.

Pretty clear you're an idiot

They should make his IP addy public so we could all attack him :)

DDOS stands for Distributed Denial-of-service. The key attribute here is the word distributed.

In a denial-of-service attack ('DOS attack') the attacker sends very large numbers of connection requests to the target. The target thinks that these are legitimate attempts to connect and tries to respond. Since the server can handle only a finite number of simultaneous connection requests' date=' the attacker can swamp the target with requests so that legitimate connections rarely get through. To users this looks like very high latency ('lag') or the server being down. In this case, filtering is possible: all the malicious connections come from one or a small number of hosts so those can be filtered out.

A distributed attack works slightly differently. The basic premise is the same: the attacker seeks to flood the target so that legitimate users can't connect. But instead of sending all the connection requests himself, the attacker uses a large number of distributed computers to send the requests - a [i']botnet.

Botnet users are ordinary computer users whose computers have been compromised by a virus and controlled by the 'bot-herder'. The person attacking dayz won't control the botnet himself; botnets with 100,000 or more hosts are available to rent for a few hundred dollars US per day.

Filtering the DDOS is extremely hard because the malicious connections come from a large number of ordinary users with no real link between them. About the best DayZ can do is changing the address of the central server. They have already tried this at least once, but the attacker got the new IP quickly. Short of paying for large amounts of additional bandwidth it may be that the best they can now do is to wait for the irritated user's money to run out so that the botnet stops attacking.

Pretty clear it is eurotrash doing the attacks judging by the times they are doing it.

My money would be on russians.

Pretty clear you're an idiot

lol am I wrong?

@BL1P' date=' please (:

http://www.hackforums.net/

[/quote']

Obviously I was living in a paradise of ignorance, but I just looked at that site and was amazed at the amount of registered users online.

Do so many people suck that badly at gaming ?

Guess what I am saying is my eyes were just opened to the numbers of people who feel they need this crap in order to compete.

Not going to get into physiological profiling but the people who use this sort of thing must have some inadequacy that goes far beyond gaming.

Such a shame.

@BL1P' date=' please (:

http://www.hackforums.net/

[/quote']

Obviously I was living in a paradise of ignorance, but I just looked at that site and was amazed at the amount of registered users online.

Do so many people suck that badly at gaming ?

Guess what I am saying is my eyes were just opened to the numbers of people who feel they need this crap in order to compete.

Not going to get into physiological profiling but the people who use this sort of thing must have some inadequacy that goes far beyond gaming.

Such a shame.

Hollywood is to thank for that. "Hackers" at one point was not a derogatory term like it is now. I also doubt that site is all about games.

The solution would be to bring the servers down' date=' stopping the attack, then resuming the servers shortly after. There current ISP obviously doesn't have any protection against a denial attack. [b']However, i still don't believe this is a DDoS, at this current time.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=26199&pid=236991#pid236991

They took the database down for updates.

Update Faster, dammit!! I'm going into dayZ withdrawl and even went as far as starting a hardcore mode character in diablo 3.

My thing is if they are updating, wouldn't it be advisable to make a post on the front page in the news and forums? It would stop a lot of questions and the mods wouldn't be pestered about it.

A little communication goes a long way.