Sign in to follow this  
Get_in_the_house_Carl

My Suggestion for Developement

I have enjoyed DayZ since the mod, so I'm familiar with the game's play style. Also, I have purchased the aplha version of DayZ so I do want to support this game. My suggestion for DayZ is for there to be Single Player mode. I do realize that it would be different considering the game is originally made for a multiplayer experience. My case in point is, there would be a drastic change in game play and the the environment of the game would be altered. So allow me to just give a list of the Pros/Cons.

Cons

• No human players (obviously)
  • No real sense of danger (at the moment with the low zombie pop.)
  • Looting would be easier
  • Nothing to fight

Over all no real challenge for these early builds.

Pros

• Hopefully a better performance (considering no internet involved)
  • Not every single person is willing to kill you for no apparent reason
  • No hackers is a huge plus
  • No exploiters
  • Friendlier environment (I mean no people Tbagging your corpse or bad mouthing you for no reason)

I do realize a lack of players would kill the game but here is what i suggest to improve this hypothetical Singleplayer Mode. Have NPC's in the game like some mods that were for the DayZ mod. These NPC's were in multiplayer from what I experienced but they were simple, there were some that would attack you and there were ones that wouldn't. My suggestion for the NPC's would be to make them unique and give them names, things to say, simple emotions, simple decision making, the ability to interact with the world. They could pick up loot through out the map so you know that they have been there. Even the choice to start a dialogue with the AI would be nice, maybe even trade or group up. To sum up my AI idea program them to do what a normal human being would do in a Apocalypse. Hopefully there would not be too many AI out there that would rather light your ass up than to see if your friendly. But don't get me wrong I still want that presence of "there are people who want and will kill me".

I do hope that this at least gets read by someone and it is at least thought about, this is something I would really love to see in the final product. If anyone wants to suggest anything else that is relevant to my topic that might improve the idea go right ahead.