Sign in to follow this  
atempleton

In Game Character Pre Recorded Phrases

Simple suggestion - a similar system to the gestures, but with phrases that play in direct chat, vehicle chat or other forms of chat messages if needed. Some examples could be:

"Don't shoot!"
"Help me!"

"I'm going to rip your heart out!"

"Don't move!"

"We're cool dude, chill."

"I'm not feeling too well."

"That was pathetic!"

"I surrender!"

"Thank you."

"*Maniacal laughing.*"

And so forth.

Not sure how the key bindings could work, but perhaps you could press a button that brings up a small menu in the corner with key bindings that you press to say the appropriate message. They don't all have to be the same either, with multiple quotes and phrases for that same thing. The video game Verdun for example has this sort of systems, with various things your character could say audibly such as compliments, taunts, attack/defend orders, enemy locations etc that you could say to nearby players, both friendly and enemy.

I think this will add a new interesting dynamic to the game that adds more immersion (rather than listening to someone's shitty microphone quality and static) as well as try to help out players who do not have a microphone communicate with one another, instead of having them have to stand still and vulnerable as they type their message in direct.

• Like 1

u scare me with that idea... if someone has no microphone, he doesnt want it.

let him type.

It's not a bad idea. Typing isn't always an option, most players that attempt it get shot before they even get a chance to respond. This might just provide some reprieve to that problem. (then again...considering how friendly people currently are, probably not)