syruss20

Admin spawning vehicles player Favoritism

It is 3:48 am 7/3/2012

Tonight me and some friends learned from side channel that a player had acquired a medic truck, at first I thought this was a van the player was calling a medic truck. We located them at the airfield west of churno,

we watched from the tree line as some players ran around the truck and went about looting. Then a helicopter came in, we stayed back and moved on the ambulance. Once it was clear of the chopper I had thought Ed the admin didn't take sides, so we left him and the chopper alone. let alone the thing fired missiles so after running down Player (L) and hijacking the ambulance we were informed in side channel that Ed had spawned the ambulance and entrusted it to L so he could be a little medic. at this time we came under fire from ed's missiles and thanks to his poor aim made for the trees and spread out. we considered this fair and tried our best to make a run from him splitting up and going separate ways. after offering to return the medic truck if ed asked, as L informed me was his truck, We continued to try and regroup. the medic truck stopped some km away when we heard in chat the heli crashed,

at this point we attempted to regroup. a few mins later ed shows up at the truck and guns down the driver. this is all in the pitch black of darkness btw, ed, the admin, gets in the medic truck and returns it to Player L.

some comments ensued where one of my players who was banned, named street, stated "I wish i had a admin in my back pocket" to which ed replied "STFU". street answered back with an "FU" which I already knew where this was going and was then banned from crazyuncleeds server.

I'm here to find out if this is allowed and how an admin can spawn tanks, medic trucks and heli's that spew missiles and claim not to take sides.

And replies to us when told his admin abuse will not be tolerated "This is My server I don't Go by rockets Rules". the game logs from the admin side will show all this and the entire conversations. I ask for them to be presented and the ban repealed as we enjoyed the server and were told we could engage in combat with players.

Server Address Crazy Uncle Ed's DayZ Server

Peace

Syrus

Admins can't spawn vehicles. I don't know if you're tripping on a laced joint or if you've managed to get on a pirated server with all sort of shady shit.

I also was there as a witness, and would like to see something being done about it.

Admins can't spawn vehicles. I don't know if you're tripping on a laced joint or if you've managed to get on a pirated server with all sort of shady shit.

Go in the six launcher and search for crazy, you will find the server there. He spawned tanks, heli's, and an ambulance.

I'm telling you, it's impossible unless he's a hacker. An admin, alone, can't spawn vehicles. I'm speaking from personal experience here as I'm an admin myself.

I looked it up on the browser, says it's a private server with it's own database.... hmm

Unfortunally i was banned cause of this but this whole event took about 2 hrs of playing cat and mouse with the admin that was firing missiles from a heli that was spawned again for the 2nd day and to state that the heli was crashed and then just walking up on the medic truck and shooting the driver while he was looking at the gps yesterday he spawned a tank that can not be repaired but was able to get into the gunner seat to fire at people another abuse of power this is crazyedserver check it out for yourself player L has it

the password to the server is crazyed

I'm glad you can't read and see where were requesting the logs to be released not to mention we stole the medic truck and when are guy was inside it it had built in gps and i guess the Apc with the turret on it to was the figment of our combined imaginations I am curious now if you and ed know each other as your telling 6 people were basically drugged and have lost are mind

Explains it. Stop playing on unofficial servers. Own database? What in the actual fuck, guys.

I agree with the post by StreetDealer, I saw everything they did, it was a complete show of admin abuse

No where on the list was their a sign of this server being unofficial we were new to the game and thought we had found a good server to play on atleast with this post until its closed other players will see this and avoid his server

I looked it up on the browser' date=' says it's a private server with it's own database.... hmm

[/quote']

Hmmmm Otherwise known as illegal right? I mean correct me if i'm wrong

In the server browser list, you should see a good rack of servers starting with: Day-Z [uK/FR/DE/Seattle/Atlanta/.........ETCETERA], then they're legit.

This is if you're running a non-pirated copy. ;)

We have all paid for combined operations and are more then happy to provide proof of that as most of us use steam

I do believe you, it's just that they're out of reach for the Day-Z staff as it's not an official server and are running their own database.

I understand as I posted last page I just will settle in the fact that other players see this and avoid being rick rolled by this server were doing what we can to reach out to are gaming groups to create are own blacklist will at least spare are friends the bs thanks for being civil with the replies

Glad I could help.

StreetDealer, if you are still browsing this topic, I can not respond to your private messages.

"StreetDealer has private messaging disabled. You cannot send private messages to this user."

A good choice for you, however, is to try Atlanta 59 out. It's a good, stable server with fair admins. Good luck.

Because in the case it doesn't matter.

It's not an official server, not connected to hive, inconsequential.

I wonder why most people don't actually read these threads and just post some 4chanish comments at the end ;)

Servers not connected to hive are rogue servers and are blacklisted or to be blacklisted. Do NOT play on them!

Admins don't get any extra privledges but to own a dayz server and that's all, no rollbacks or spawning or anything like that. The worst can be some hacker or a Rogue Admin banning people for finding their camp or killing them.

Not following rules set by DayZ devs will result in server termination and IP range ban.

This is in the wrong section the server obviously a rogue one.

(FAIL POST I KNOW)

Servers not connected to hive are rogue servers and are blacklisted or to be blacklisted. Do NOT play on them!

Admins don't get any extra privledges but to own a dayz server and that's all' date=' no rollbacks or spawning or anything like that. The worst can be some hacker or a Rogue Admin banning people for finding their camp or killing them.

Not following rules set by DayZ devs will result in server termination and IP range ban.

This is in the wrong section the server obviously a rogue one.

(FAIL POST I KNOW)

[/quote']

Yes black list them off their own DB that will teach them.....oh wait.

You clearly know nothing and yet were able to use so many words still.

Yes black list them off their own DB that will teach them.....oh wait.

You clearly know nothing and yet were able to use so many words still.

You do know that a "blacklist" does not necessarily mean a programmatic ban, correct?

I.e., he's asking players to not play on unofficial servers... would it have been easier for you to understand if he'd have said "boycott" instead?

It's always so humorous when someone declares another's ignorance when proudly displaying their own, simultaneously.

Well done, sir.

Hi everyone,

I'd like to clear up a few things regarding the thread. I was playing with L for two days in a row, and I saw the events that were described in the OP.

The incident in question is regarding a vehicle transaction between the player "L" and the server admin, "Uncle Ed". I don't think it matters what kind of vehicle it is, or where it comes from. The server admin plays on the server as well, so this could be considered a player-to-player transaction. The transaction (which, by the way, was for humanitarian purposes, the medical truck was to be used to help out noobs on the coastline in need of assistance) was interrupted by a strike team that ran over "L" and stole the vehicle in question. It was pitch black during this time, and due to the helicopter we could not hear the thieves approaching.

This server had already been declared a non-pvp server to all players entering, so these players already knew that what they were doing was against server rules. However, we did adopt a "stand your ground" policy, which Uncle Ed decided to utilize to defend us. Until we were attacked there was not a single hostile action taken towards the players who stole the medical truck.

In my own opinion, what these players did is like taking a pacifier away from a baby and then complaining that they are crying.

In addition, these players were on this private server for at least an entire day, if not longer. If they have such an issue with "rogue servers", why were they playing on it for hours and hours?

I believe the reason this server is private is so players can have a separate, low-risk character that they can use to play DayZ without fear of losing the character they play with their friends with. I do it because on this server all there is to enjoy is the game mechanics themselves, and the co-op participation of people. People should not join a server knowing that they will break the rules and then not expect some sort of punishment for it afterwards.

We all know that the majority of DayZ servers have turned into a Battlefield-esque frag-fest. I know this personally because I have been in a variety of battles (Go to Starry Sobor on any server with more than 15 players and you'll see a firefight every hour). This server is a beautiful thing because it encourages the positive aspect of the game, the co-op, and allows newbies to explore and survive without getting fragged on the coast right after they spawn. Uncle Ed was merely furthering his plans for friendly Co-op by giving an altruistic player a vehicle designed purely for medical assistance, something that can be appreciated by anyone who knows the difficulty in surviving this now PvP-heavy game.

I think we need to not only focus on the positive aspect of gameplay rather than the negative, but we also need to encourage the game to develop into a more co-op survival game so that incidents like these will happen far less often.

I spoke with "L" after the incident, and the only thing he could feel afterwards is incredible disappointment towards not being able to help out the new players who had been dying rapidly on the server. I feel bad that this happened to him, and that the symbolic gesture that there is no cameraderie in DayZ was a major morale destroyer for all involved.