Sign in to follow this  
sobieski12

Tag & Release 1PP - Capturing an armed stalker / sniper

Was scouting for action in Vybor village on the =UN= server. Was just fishing scouting the town till me and a friend found a sniper logging in or watching us from a bush nearby. This sniper has quite the story.

• Like 4

Hey Sobieski I love your videos. Glad to see that by the time I came across your channel it hadn't died like many others.

Your videos were great inspiration for me to give it a try because this is the play style I've been after for a while ( but never actually knew it). I tend to be pretty timid , avoiding players rather than approach since I don't want to kill ( or be killed). I also tend to work alone so I like this style. Anyways I figured I would give it a try. Saw my first target in a city, waited for him to exit the building and approached him how you would. Worked perfectly for my first attempt! Looked through his gear, talked with him a bit, disarmed him and then sent him on his way. For my first attempt at a catch and release it was a success!

Unfortunately my next two attempts were not so successful. First person I saw literally ignored me. Just kept walking (not running) even with warning shots. The second person just kept trying to run around and punch me. I guess he didn't have a gun. Tried to take his legs out with a shot but ended up killing him.

Since you are still making videos I take it you are still trying catch and release when you approach other players? What is your success rate of a true catch and release?

I'm playing on a private server where I hope people are a little more invested and willing to keep their player alive. Hopefully I'll get a chance to give this a try again. Keep up the great videos.

• Like 1

Hey Sobieski I love your videos. Glad to see that by the time I came across your channel it hadn't died like many others.

Your videos were great inspiration for me to give it a try because this is the play style I've been after for a while ( but never actually knew it). I tend to be pretty timid , avoiding players rather than approach since I don't want to kill ( or be killed). I also tend to work alone so I like this style. Anyways I figured I would give it a try. Saw my first target in a city, waited for him to exit the building and approached him how you would. Worked perfectly for my first attempt! Looked through his gear, talked with him a bit, disarmed him and then sent him on his way. For my first attempt at a catch and release it was a success!

Unfortunately my next two attempts were not so successful. First person I saw literally ignored me. Just kept walking (not running) even with warning shots. The second person just kept trying to run around and punch me. I guess he didn't have a gun. Tried to take his legs out with a shot but ended up killing him.

Since you are still making videos I take it you are still trying catch and release when you approach other players? What is your success rate of a true catch and release?

I'm playing on a private server where I hope people are a little more invested and willing to keep their player alive. Hopefully I'll get a chance to give this a try again. Keep up the great videos.

It's great to know others are interested in the Tag & Release hold ups. The whole goal of mine in making these vids and doing the reviews was for others like yourself, would do holdups versus other players. The channel will continue to have DayZ vids for a very very long time, even if the game suffers a major pop drop. DayZ has been a game I've been playing allot, ever since the mod came out. 

The success rate I'd say personally is about 85% now, was 70% long ago. The reason for the high chance is probably due to the initial moments, I have a very serious intimidating voice to scare the player and force him to surrender. Fear when used correctly, can be a powerful tool in capturing players. Of course, it can also scare the players to fight back, but the whole goal is to get the "golden angle", essentialy being on the players back and prevent any chance of a counter-attack. 

If he listens then fine, if he doesn't then he dies.

The reason my success rate is going up, is probably because allot of people know it's me.... yeah I've built a very interesting reputation and news is spreading. The man that captures players, takes ammo and lets them go. I personally love holding up players, and not to mention it gives them a memorable experience that does not happen often. Thus the reason I continue to take people hostage and the hunt never ever ends  B)

Edited by Sobieski12

Wish i could experience a hold up like this. either giving or receiving. A couple of guys in cherno tried to hold me up today but i was a fresh spawn with nothing and they were fully kitted out with m4s which translates to "hold still so we don't miss/" Great vid.

• Like 1

It's great to know others are interested in the Tag & Release hold ups. The whole goal of mine in making these vids and doing the reviews was for others like yourself, would do holdups versus other players. The channel will continue to have DayZ vids for a very very long time, even if the game suffers a major pop drop. DayZ has been a game I've been playing allot, ever since the mod came out. 

The success rate I'd say personally is about 85% now, was 70% long ago. The reason for the high chance is probably due to the initial moments, I have a very serious intimidating voice to scare the player and force him to surrender. Fear when used correctly, can be a powerful tool in capturing players. Of course, it can also scare the players to fight back, but the whole goal is to get the "golden angle", essentialy being on the players back and prevent any chance of a counter-attack. 

If he listens then fine, if he doesn't then he dies.

The reason my success rate is going up, is probably because allot of people know it's me.... yeah I've built a very interesting reputation and news is spreading. The man that captures players, takes ammo and lets them go. I personally love holding up players, and not to mention it gives them a memorable experience that does not happen often. Thus the reason I continue to take people hostage and the hunt never ever ends  B)

Yeah I definitely tried to emulate that in my attempts. Not sure if my voice gets as intimidating. I only play 1PP which I think helps get you that surprise. I only have had one other attempt and the person just kept running away. I really didnt feel like shooting him. Other problem I have is when I play its usually during low population time on servers in the US.

Something I am trying for a slightly more sinister take on catch and release is to take some blood from them. Especially if I leave them with a gun it makes them even less likely to want to come after me in a weakened but still alive state.

I hope I run into you sometime! I have a fun angle on being "held up" that would be fun to explore. 

As for either hoping to be held up or holding up, I find a private server with a loyal fan base helps. People are a little less likely to KOS (not much, but some) and at least interact. On a regular public server, it basically is assumed if you see a non-bambi they will shoot at you or you have to shoot them. On a private server, especially a role-playing server, people are a little less willing to immediately draw guns.