Sign in to follow this  
Heathcz

Tagging?

What does community think?

Tagging is a game mechanism that slows down player's movement, if they get shot. This would add some "realism", make the combat much less awkvard and generally be a good addition to the game. 

• Like 2

I don't know if that's realistic. You're not going to slow down if your arm gets grazed are you? This isn't CSGO.

Eventually there'll be limping animations and stuff, so getting injured will result in slower movement.

Edited by BeefBacon
  • Like 1

BeefBacon is right many of the new animations will help. I also think another form of tagging could be cool. Like tagging animals (for research purposes n stuff). Could be a cool mechanic with the introduction of tranq guns and a GPS. Knock em out, tag their ear (or something) and set em free. That way you could follow em back to their base or stash.

• Like 1

I don't know if that's realistic. You're not going to slow down if your arm gets grazed are you? This isn't CSGO.

Eventually there'll be limping animations and stuff, so getting injured will result in slower movement.

Yes but its still more realistic than being able to ignore multiple shots in your body and run like nothing happened.

I am very curious about the animations you are mentioning, because its good in theory but in practise it will be different.

Yes but its still more realistic than being able to ignore multiple shots in your body and run like nothing happened.

I am very curious about the animations you are mentioning, because its good in theory but in practise it will be different.

It'll come as part of the new animation system. You can see the prototype, I guess, in the DayZ trailer released like 2 years ago, where people are limping away from a fight. Presumably how badly you limp and how you limp will be affected on where you're injured. If you break a rib you'll probably hold your side and and stagger along, and if you get shot in the leg you'll probably limp quite badly. That's speculation of course (the limping stuff is pretty much confirmed, not so much on ow it'll function though) but it's a much better and in-depth system than simple tagging, wouldn't you agree? 

It's a bit like vehicles. I remember months ago people were whining (not that you're whining) about vehicles not being in the game. "Just add vehicles from Arma 2! I saw mad hax where somebody just imported Arma 2 vehicles and they worked perfectly, DayZ is a scam!" Meanwhile they were working on a system that would add stuff like suspension and individual car parts and interactive doors and shit. Who's calling for basic old shitty Arma 2 cars now?

Combat in general does need work. The movement system is stupid. However, I think the devs know this and it'll hopefully be addressed soon. I don't know when their new animation system thing is coming out, but hopefully it'll be soon.

I agree that its definitely better than simple tagging, but I am afraid it will go badly, just like the Z's animations did you know? After that I just felt like original mod zombies were much better in that sense, since they didnt glitch around or jump 4 meters forward.

Tagging could be just temporarily in the game until they find better solution, the problem I am trying to adress right now is, like you said, the combat, which can get horribly awkvard sometimes and be extremely anti-climatic.

Edited by Heathcz