MadMcardle

Persistence Wipes, is anyone doing them?

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone had experienced any lag since the hot fix? And does a persistence wipe fix it? Are you doing regular persistence wipes? Or not doing them at all?

Thanks

Mad

Not here to answer but NO servers should wipe persistance. You need to report it to DayZ Feedback.

Also it kinda makes people not want to play on a server they cant depend on to store a V3S and tents on.

Not here to answer but NO servers should wipe persistance. You need to report it to DayZ Feedback.

Also it kinda makes people not want to play on a server they cant depend on to store a V3S and tents on.

I have spoke with a few admins and they seem to be running them quite a bit. I have reported the lag, it seems a hack may have been responsible for the lag, but will have to wipe to fix it unfortunately.

I have spoke with a few admins and they seem to be running them quite a bit. I have reported the lag, it seems a hack may have been responsible for the lag, but will have to wipe to fix it unfortunately.

When a server got too many items laying around it might affect performance and acomplete wipe is the only way to increase it again currently.

There was a issue with item respawns so you could clutter the server maybe this is still happening.

Edited by VanValdenburg
  • Like 1

This has happened to a few server owners I know. It simply became to the point where it was not fun to play and a wipe was necessary.

However, a server owner should be responsible by letting player's know a wipe is coming. If its a private community with ts, forums etc, the more the reason to let your whitelist folks know a wipe is coming that can't be avoided.

Thanks for the replies guys, and don't worry I gave the players notice I'm not mean lol :P

Thanks for the replies guys, and don't worry I gave the players notice I'm not mean lol :P

You are welcome :D There are situations though where you can´t warn people sadly especially in alpha hehe

We wiped all servers recently on our private hive. Just need to announce them so people can move their camps between the servers. It gets kind of necessary at some point cause the amount of not despawning items increase every day and at some point you got quite a performance loss.