Sign in to follow this  
thefriendlydutchman

Improvised Iron sight, Conceal items in books, and wooden shiv

I would love to see improvised scopes through the method you mentioned. Could also be added to the Improvised Bows, or Recurve Bows too when they come out.

• Like 1

Weapon optics are extreme precision tools. I don't even like the fact that a player can mount a pristine scope and fire straight without testing and zeroing it in first. So, while it is good for a laugh, it's absolutely impractical to have a coke can sight, at 30m you're better with standard iron sights. However, the concealed weapon in a book is actually a really cool and inventive way for books to have a purpose. It would be great if you got held up, and then instead of stealing your weapon, they ignore your innocuous book.

• Like 3

Weapon optics are extreme precision tools. I don't even like the fact that a player can mount a pristine scope and fire straight without testing and zeroing it in first. So, while it is good for a laugh, it's absolutely impractical to have a coke can sight, at 30m you're better with standard iron sights. However, the concealed weapon in a book is actually a really cool and inventive way for books to have a purpose. It would be great if you got held up, and then instead of stealing your weapon, they ignore your innocuous book.

just imagine placing a bomb into it, and dropping it on the ground while you are being held up, 

Why would you want to improvise iron sights? I thought all guns had them. Besides, I doubt that plopping a coke can on a rifle will serve to improve accuracy.

Others I can get on with, though. More improvised weapons is always a plus. Also couldn't hurt to give more of a purpose to books.

• Like 1

Why would you want to improvise iron sights? I thought all guns had them. Besides, I doubt that plopping a coke can on a rifle will serve to improve accuracy.

Others I can get on with, though. More improvised weapons is always a plus. Also couldn't hurt to give more of a purpose to books.

Not all the common any more with bolt guns. AR's are doing it too if you buy a factory one.

However improvised irons are complete BS. We don't have the ability (unless the devs have added welding, drilling, tapping and filing random bits of metal in the time I've been away) in this game to make a sight which is A) strong enough to be considered even barely servicable and B ) presicse enough to be useable. That's without mentioning the fact that the sighting system itself does not effect accuracy, it just determines how well we aim based on our skill.

Would rather guess based on the barrel like a shotgun without a bead then rely on anything that's been suggested like this.

• Like 1