Sign in to follow this  
hitt0r

Buttstock & Handguards : Type / Quality and performance

Hi all,

I'm trying to 'build' the best AK i can by looking for the following stuff:

screenshot_45.png

Couple of questions (as of 0.58) :

1. Does the item quality affect the guns accuracy ? (damaged vs worn)

2. Does the item type affect the guns accuracy? e.g. Polymer vs wood? if so where can i find further info about this?

Edited by hitt0r

The quality of the items themselves have no effects on accuracy or damage right now, but the various stocks and grips do have an impact on recoil. I'd suggest either asking Aggathor and checking the WOBO community videos, as he did test it out in the past. 

Take notice that these values might have changed since then, and will probably change again once the quality of items gets factored in.

Good luck on your research! 

P.S.: Personally, I tested both wood and plastic stocks/handguards for the AK101, and have to say that I had less recoil, and better accuracy overall with the plastic ones. Using a PSO-1 as a scope. But that's just my personal experience, as I've read quite the opposite from players only using the wooden ones, saying they are the best right now. Go figure.

• Like 2

All attachments have minor influence on dispersion.

Generally the dispersion is already pretty low as is for most guns, so it wont matter much.

I'd rather go for looks. Exception: CQB Buttstock which improves turn speed of m4 greatly.

That said, best setup for AKs:

Plastic handguard + Wooden Buttstock + Silencer

best setup for M4s:

CQB Butt + MP Handguard/RIS Bipod + RDS RV/ Acog + Silencer

• Like 1