Sign in to follow this  
stenz23

everything is blurry

so I just bought an alienware 17 laptop brand new should have no problem playing dayz,  the first thing that happens is at the menu screen everything is so blurry I cant even make out the words.  the game isent fully set the the screen size either.. there is like an inch of black space around every side of the picture.  how do I get back to making it great again?  I use to play on a crappy computer, could it just of had the old presets saved and now I cant see anything

changing the display resolution, aspect ratio, and rendering resolution should make a good start

restart game afterwards

if you can't read anything, this should give you some orientation

JJ2fMvW.jpg

Edited by Hasi
  • Like 1

also, when it is first loading, the loading circle blue thing is super large and the "play with steam connect by clicking shit and enter now" or something along those lines is also super giant, and when I close the game it says memory canot be written blah blah blah bunch of numbers, and I have to click stop now

well adding to the issue at hand, I cant even see the mouse.  I get to user interface witht he arrow keys but cant even select the drop down menu.  any way you can figure out how to use the dropdown menu using anything other than a mouse

well adding to the issue at hand, I cant even see the mouse.  I get to user interface witht he arrow keys but cant even select the drop down menu.  any way you can figure out how to use the dropdown menu using anything other than a mouse

can i ask what's your screen resolution ?

Whatever it is, head over to C:\Users\VahidkinG\Documents\DayZ and open the file named "DayZ" then replace this two lines:

Resolution_W=X;
Resolution_H=X;

replace the X with your resolution Width and height. for example, if you have a Full HD screen you most write down something like this:

Resolution_W=1920;
Resolution_H=1080;
Edited by VahidkinG

can i ask what's your screen resolution ?

Whatever it is, head over to C:\Users\VahidkinG\Documents\DayZ and open the file named "DayZ" then replace this two lines:

Resolution_W=X;
Resolution_H=X;

replace the X with your resolution Width and height. for example, if you have a Full HD screen you most write down something like this:

Resolution_W=1920;
Resolution_H=1080;

now how exactly do I find my screen resolution? lol I have no idea honestly

now how exactly do I find my screen resolution? lol I have no idea honestly

also how do I go to "C:\Users\VahidkinG\Documents\DayZ" I just tried typing it in my web browser and you can guess how that turned out

oh no way nevermind I fixed it, thanks!  now does anyone want to play nd teach this noob some things?