Sign in to follow this  
KenoSkir88

Secret .58 zombie destroys my game

So, thought since i was up north i'd swing by an un-dead friend i've seen around a few times. Problem is i didn't spot her quick enough while driving and she ran into the back of the truck. Everything normal tho, don't want to mess up the truck driving away with it in back (have lost couple trucks this way) and so i dutifully climb out to dispatch it and hope it falls out the bottom and i can leave without glitching out my vehicle.

Soon as i step out of the truck tho, everything goes dodgy. 4 frames a second, no windows on V3S and tires look decidedly unwell, in fact all textures seem to have regressed into the stone age along with my frame rate.

Was it the zombie somehow? I've never had this happen before. Unlike temporary common frame drops this was constant and lasting and of course there's all the visual weirdness.

Here's a short clip just for info : http://plays.tv/video/55f7172ee31adeffa6

The hell happened to my beautiful view?

• Like 1

used to happen to me alot on .57 especially when driving through some of the cities it would turn into N64 graphics. I havn't encountered it in .58 hopefully it gets fixed for everyone i thought my PC was fucking up but it was the game. 

There are at least 2 zombies at Novo, in the industrial area to the east on the road to Svet.

I have had this (graphic glotches) happen numerous times in other parts of the map where no zombies are around...unless they are invisible!!

Hmmm, another instance where textures went strange and my resolution dropped suddenly (picture is actual size <_<), turning me into some kind of lettuce..

Edit : Confirming what Mad says, this was far from Novo or any PC breaking zombizzles.

2015_09_04_00001.jpg

How the hek did you see a zombie ? Has been AGES since i've seen one :o

Third time i've seen her (once with a male also) while driving out of novo heading east. Rev the truck a few times and hang out a bit on the outskirts to see if she's local :)

Edited by KenoSkir88

So, thought since i was up north i'd swing by an un-dead friend i've seen around a few times. Problem is i didn't spot her quick enough while driving and she ran into the back of the truck. Everything normal tho, don't want to mess up the truck driving away with it in back (have lost couple trucks this way) and so i dutifully climb out to dispatch it and hope it falls out the bottom and i can leave without glitching out my vehicle.

Soon as i step out of the truck tho, everything goes dodgy. 4 frames a second, no windows on V3S and tires look decidedly unwell, in fact all textures seem to have regressed into the stone age along with my frame rate.

Was it the zombie somehow? I've never had this happen before. Unlike temporary common frame drops this was constant and lasting and of course there's all the visual weirdness.

probably this issue?

https://feedback.dayz.com/view.php?id=17013

• Like 1

this normally happens when the game decides to either clear your RAM from some textures or it somehow filled up your RAM, or rather the amount the game thinks you have

i had this problem when i was still playing with steam startup parameters, but it was gone when i removed them, maybe try that

I found a single infected in the usual place (at the beginning of Novo, near the Humvee) yesterday night. Slowed down to admire the sight, and he glitched through the truck front to back. Once at the back of the truck he got up in the cargo area. I tried to drive off with him, thinking it would be cool to drive him around with me, but he kept falling out the back. He eventually ended up standing on top of the cab of the truck. Took some screen shots and then left him there.

No graphics issues but then I didn't get out of the truck.