Sign in to follow this  
insolicious

Shock hits?

Hey fellow survivors.

Recently I have had a few strange moments in terms of beeing hit. The issue that concerns me is the fact that a few times I encountered people, the first hit that actually blurred my vision a little, seemed not to happen in reality. Whenever I checked my gear after that hit, I still had my healthy status and all my items were still in the same condition as before. The only thing that happened was a slight lose of colour in vision. The first few times I had this issue I didn't think too much about it cause I either got hit for real after or killed the attacker. However, after seeing someone walking suspiciously straight from target to target at the Myshkino tent city, I was wondering a bit. Is this actually a hack to make people move out of cover? I heard about such a thing a few patches ago and am not aware if this is true. If you think about it, it would make sense. Imagine yourself hiding, waiting for the right oppotunity to kill your target, but him using such a tool to make you somewhat panic and change location, taking your advantage. I didn't experience this issue in the previous patch, so i wonder if it's another .58 bug, something known for long or possibly a hack.

In case this really is a hack, our private hive would have the possibility to ban those people as we're one, if not the biggest private hive out there at the moment. Another thing that actually concerns me is that those hits seem not to pop up on the server logs. Yesterday I checked the log and didn't see this specific hit before actually dying for real. Something similar happened a few days earlier aswell where we suspected that person for beeing a hacker, without beeing able to proof it properly tho (except for his steam-profile comments accusing him for beeing cheating a dozen times). 

Is there anyone that knows this issue, experienced it aswell or maybe even a Dev or someone with insight that can give a proper answer? Thanks in advance.

When a shot hits near you it causes you to 'flinch' for want if a better term.

Your screen will flash as though you'd been hit and your character will begin breathing heavily.

It's great for suppressing a sniper.

• Like 1

When a shot hits near you it causes you to 'flinch' for want if a better term.

Your screen will flash as though you'd been hit and your character will begin breathing heavily.

It's great for suppressing a sniper.

I wasn't aware of this......................... Thanks for the intel Stinkenheim. That will be nice and helpful for snipers.

I wasn't aware of this......................... Thanks for the intel Stinkenheim. That will be nice and helpful for snipers.

It is literally when it's next to you though, so like it just misses your head or something.

You actually take shock damage from near misses.  I don't think it's much, but you could potentially be knocked out from a miss.

You actually take shock damage from near misses. I don't think it's much, but you could potentially be knocked out from a miss.

Didn't know it caused damage, thought it was just a flinch reaction. Thanks for the info dude