zombieland78

Getting shot = stay blurry or not stay blurry?

Having a heated debate with a few people on this one.

When I get hit by anything in DayZ my screen goes COMPLETELY blurry and stays that way. I have to emphasise this - it doesn't just get slightly desaturated (although that too obviously) or flash blurry, it stays totally blurred after one single hit. So I can hardly see.

To get it to stop, I have to go into video settings and back out again. 

I've never seen a single youtube video where this happens to anyone. (i.e. they get hit and it stays blurry but they're cool with it as part of the game)

Everyone on Reddit says it's 100% intentional and if you want to get rid of it you have to basically be a cheating scumbag and disable it in post. Ergo, every single streamer, even the ones who refuse to up their gamma for night, is a cheat in this department.

Anyone know this for sure?

Edited by zombieland78

The problem here is if you don't remove blurring or use gamma you will be on disadvantage over other players who uses it.

If I play solo games I don't use gamma or any other option for gaining advantage, but I use it if the game is an online game because I don't like to being killed/spotted by other player with better vision than mine.

I think is up to developers really, they need to remove the option for avoiding blurriness if it is intentional as Dayz is an online game.

Gamma has a more tricky solution, the only game I know about where gamma doesn't give you advantage if you turn it up is Rust because at night everything is completely black with the exception of the sky, there are no gradients, so turning gamma up doesn't give you any advantage over other players who doesn't use it. Many people doesn't like pitch black nights though.

The only time where using gamma in Rust give you advantage is at sunrise and at nightfall but in Rust it last like 1 minute, so I think nobody adjust their gamma for just 1 minute of gameplay.

Edited by Wili

I guess yes because blurriness is on by default, after you regain blood it should slowly come back to normal.

Edited by Wili

my question is - is it supposed to stay blurry after one hit?

No, its an old bug. It has to do with the graphic settings, but i cant remember which one it was to be changed.

Play a bit with ur settings, use the search function or just wait for another guy.

greets

it's under post-processing. If you disable that it stops the blurring.

But you're very sure it's an old bug? Don't suppose you have any links that confirm it? 

Thanks. Most of these reports treats it like it's by design and the video settings/escape thing is a work-around. 

But apparently, if you don't use the work-around, you'll stay blurry indefinitely and it won't restore.

Edited by zombieland78

same thing have happened to me, i just eat and drank alot until i got energized and hydrated displays green, and then i got a new one telling me im healing. The blur starter slowly but for sure to dissapear

It have happened when hit by zombies or when i got shot. The more blood and health i lost the worse it gets, but when i reach the healing display it dissapear slowly. 

Maybe its not the same thing you are experiencing, just a suggestion

I play with post turned off now but the bit I saw when I first started unless you're in peak condition there's some amount of blur. 

it's under post-processing. If you disable that it stops the blurring.

But you're very sure it's an old bug? Don't suppose you have any links that confirm it? 

youre gonna have to take my word on it. experienced it myself about a year ago, hasnt been fixed since then. if you want i can post it again and send you the link.

greets

someone above linked it. So I get it now.

but everyone on reddit thinks that it should stay blurry and if you take it off it's a cheat. 

although a lot of reddit users are extremely dumb and get the idea of being hit once and staying blurry - confused with - getting shot half to death and staying blurry.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that the ONLY time you should stay blurry is if you're on your last drop of blood. 

someone above linked it. So I get it now.

but everyone on reddit thinks that it should stay blurry and if you take it off it's a cheat. 

although a lot of reddit users are extremely dumb and get the idea of being hit once and staying blurry - confused with - getting shot half to death and staying blurry.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that the ONLY time you should stay blurry is if you're on your last drop of blood. 

I kind of agree even though I have mine turned off, partially because I or anyone else can and the other part because it lowers load on my old computer.

As far as being blurry or staying blurry I've never been shot but experienced a good amount of blunt force, shrapnel and concussion from explosions. You get hit in the face with stuff your eyes tear up it gets blurry, blood runs in your eyes it gets blurry, you get bashed in the side of the head eyes tear up blurry and tunnel vision. The blood loss causing you to go into black and white kind of varies from my experience. The most blood I ever lost caused varying tunnel vision and my eyes closing involuntarily almost loosing conciseness and blacking out for short periods but still moving and interacting with people but no memory of it.  When panicked in what you believe is a fight for your life situation you don't see right, not sure any game could emulate this perfectly for every person but I think the post effects turned on is a half decent simulation.

Without it being forced people will turn it off though.