bryantc2000

What is the best Sniper/SMG/Assualt Rifle in the game?

I've been wondering what some good guns might be, so what is the best Sniper, SMG, or Assualt Rifle in the game? I've only found one LMG and it's the MP5 (i think). Is that a good gun?

m249 is by far one of the best PVP guns you can get your hands on because of the river of bullets you can send at your target,

For the sniper rifle, im quite partial to the DMR, just because its versatile(its good up close shootin from the hip) But have just got my hands on an m107... so my view may change(if the 107 came with ther5mal optics, without a doubt best sniper, but i havnt encountered any with that yet)

SMG, bizon pp19 SD. It rocks!

Assualt rifle, L85 with thermal scope/ or M4 sd holo, pending on yer style.

Sniper Rifle : AS50, it's basically a better version of the M107, with reduced recoil and a reduced sound (I'm talking about the actual sound being played from the audio file when a round is fired). Vehicles get absolutely destroyed when getting hit by AM (anti material) rifles. Only downside is that it can't be used with NVG.

It should also be noted that the AM rifles can shoot through certain objects such as doors, might even be able to penetrate buildings.

Assault Rifle : L85 TWS hands down, it uses common stanag ammo, has zeroing up to 800m and best of all the thermal sight. If used properly it will grant the user a MASSIVE advantage, nobody can get near you without getting spotted!

SMG : MP5SD, the most silent weapon in the game. When fired you will only hear a click. One of the downsides is that is barely has any damage, so your shots will have to be accurate. The ammo of the MP5SD is quite hard to get by aswell.

AS50 is a nice rifle, and as Shoarmaboer says it can penetrate certain objects (headshot through a solid metal fence ftw?). Common ammo with the m107, which seems to be as common as DMR rounds at the moment.

FN FAL is possibly my favourite assault rifle. Its loud as hell, and ammo is hard to come by, but when you hit someone you know they're hurting. If you're good at conserving ammo it will last a while. After the FAL, the M4A1 CCO SD. Quiet, accurate(ish), painful to be on the wrong end of.

MP5SD is a nice SMG, but again as Shoarmaboer says, you've got to be on target with it. You can dump half a mag at someone and they'll still be able to shoot back. Good for silent zombie takedowns though!

I like the M107 but would prefer an AS50.

As for LMG the only one I've found in game has been the MK48, have used it in Combined Operations and it's quite good, I can see it being excellent in DayZ.

My favourite AR hands down is the M4A1 CCO SD just because of the silencer and decent range, the CCO are zeroed at 200M.

Edit: As for SMG I would go for the MP5 SD if I had to.

Toilet: "My favourite AR hands down is the M4A1 CCO SD just because of the silencer and decent range, the CCO are zeroed at 200M."

All American Army rifles are zeroed to at least 300M. I believe the Marines go 500m. This is real life however, the game may have gotten it wrong. Just sayin'.

And if the game says Zero at 200m, you can change it by pressing pageup (for longer range) and pagedown (for shorter).

Sniper Rifle : AS50' date=' it's basically a better version of the M107, with reduced recoil and a reduced sound (I'm talking about the actual sound being played from the audio file when a round is fired). Vehicles get absolutely destroyed when getting hit by AM (anti material) rifles. Only downside is that it can't be used with NVG.

It should also be noted that the AM rifles can shoot through certain objects such as doors, might even be able to penetrate buildings.

Assault Rifle : L85 TWS hands down, it uses common stanag ammo, has zeroing up to 800m and best of all the thermal sight. If used properly it will grant the user a MASSIVE advantage, nobody can get near you without getting spotted!

SMG : MP5SD, the most silent weapon in the game. When fired you will only hear a click. One of the downsides is that is barely has any damage, so your shots will have to be accurate. The ammo of the MP5SD is quite hard to get by aswell.

[/quote']

Nothing to add /full ack

Love my AS50! :P

Sniper: SVD (built in rangefinder, works to 1km, sexy camo) or DMR (Works with NVG, 20 rnd magazine, scope zooms in, common ammo)

SMG: Bizon SD (64(?) rounds per magazine, moderate fire rate, suppressed) or MP5 SD (more common ammo than the Bizon)

AR: L85 ASW (nvg/thermal sight, uses stanag, can be zeroed, however no ironsights) or AK of choice (common ammo)

1) DMR

2) Bizon

3) L85A2 ASW

L85A2 with AS50 in bagpack is the best choise.

Sniper-wise? Close call between the DMR and the SVD Camo. DMR because of its range, the appearance, everywhere to be found ammo clips. SVD Camo because of its built-in rangefinder making it an accurate and reliable sniper.

I guess I'd squeeze the AS-50 up there somewhere too. Everybody loves a ridiculously large black fifty caliber sniper.

Assault Rifle? Mmmhm. It has to be the M4A1 CCO SD. Such a zombie-killing weapon and if you strike a player with it he'll be so confused that he won't be able to tell where the bullets are coming from. M16 is OP as fuck. Imagine a Lee Enfield, but with a better fire rate, equivalent to any other Assault Rifles. Yeah, that's not the end of it, you've got a fucking optic aswell.

SMG? Not my style.

Toilet: "My favourite AR hands down is the M4A1 CCO SD just because of the silencer and decent range' date=' the CCO are zeroed at 200M."

All American Army rifles are zeroed to at least 300M. I believe the Marines go 500m. This is real life however, the game may have gotten it wrong. Just sayin'.

And if the game says Zero at 200m, you can change it by pressing pageup (for longer range) and pagedown (for shorter).

[/quote']

the CAMO SD has a barrel suppressor on it; in Arma that means it has less range, so its indeed zeroed to 200m where the rest of the M16 family is indeed 300.

A tradeoff.

pistol g17

sniper lee ROY ENFIELD/akm [real sniper rifles are for pussies]

smg mp5

carbine m4

AR m16 m203

lmg m249

best hatchet/vehicle

Maverick1701: You have me there. It makes sense, even though in reality we'd still keep our snipers (Yeah, an M16 is considered a sniper, google that s***) at least at 300M regardless. Good call, friend, and thanks for the correction.

I suppose I should actually respond to the post:

ASR: AKM, loud, easy to find ammo, and just a general pest. Makes other players scatter in fear. Never found anything else( I mean, I've found other ASR's, but AKM is still my fav.). I run solo most if the time so I don't get the good stuff. Make up with what I do however.

dmr, easy to use, good mildots, lots of ammo, not alot of recoil, spammable (>_>)

Toilet: "My favourite AR hands down is the M4A1 CCO SD just because of the silencer and decent range' date=' the CCO are zeroed at 200M."

[/quote']

Yeah but the M4A1 is zeroed to 200M, whereas the M4A3 is zeroed to 300M? It's not really a true "Assault Rifle", my understanding that is was an "Assault Carbine" with more of a focus on CQB than engaging over mid range. But that is what the CCO is zeroed for. I guess it was set at 200M to balance it for the SD, even though it uses sub-sonic rounds. Can't zero the CCO to different ranges, which sucks but meh, I've still had a heap of fun with the M4A1 CCO SD and highly recommend keeping one if you find one.

I'm partial to the m24 as a sniper rifle, and the m14 aim for mid to close range. Can swap between dmr rounds into 4 stacks of m24 rounds, so ammo is no issue. Powerful one hit kills.

Found an as50 once, it was a lot of fun, but there era rent any servers with vie distance to max its potential.

I never bother with smg unless I stumble on a bizon and don't have two primary weapons.

I like the m4 variants for an assault weapon, sd is nice when you have ammo, though that can be difficult to get enough of if you are unlucky. Though if you find l85 it is by far the best. Found one of those, it was my saddest death to date when I lost it haha.

Haven't used any lmg. I prefer single accurate fire to suppressive spraying, and I run solo so support weapons aren't my priority.

Gear doesn't make you better. A smart player with a makarov will take the M249 off the run and gun dumbasses corpse, every time.

IMO, m4a3 cco sd is best for being stealthy since you can pick off zombies so easily and for players DMR or M24 since ammo is sooo common (you can combine dmr to 4x m24) so you can shoot and shoot.

L85 TWS hands down' date=' it uses common stanag ammo, has zeroing up to 800m and best of all the thermal sight. If used properly it will grant the user a MASSIVE advantage, nobody can get near you without getting spotted!

[/quote']

This.

Honestly, you can't imagine how imbalanced this weapon is. In a world like Dayz, having an assault/sniper rifle with thermal vision, means you can spot anyone from NWA to Cherno no matter what ghillie or bush they're hiding into. It's preposterous.

AS50 is the best sniper rifle in the game. DMR if you'd like to use NVG's while sniping same with the M24. Best stealthy Carbine is M4A1 CAMO SD.

L85 TWS hands down' date=' it uses common stanag ammo, has zeroing up to 800m and best of all the thermal sight. If used properly it will grant the user a MASSIVE advantage, nobody can get near you without getting spotted!

[/quote']

This.

Honestly, you can't imagine how imbalanced this weapon is. In a world like Dayz, having an assault/sniper rifle with thermal vision, means you can spot anyone from NWA to Cherno no matter what ghillie or bush they're hiding into. It's preposterous.

Can't agree more! XD I had one and it's just jaw dropping how OP it is.