Sign in to follow this  
ŦЄЖ

Dayz Mod, Wall decay and setup?

Does the regular dayz mod require maintenance on walls to prevent decay? Are walls a part of the vehicle count?

Does the regular dayz mod require maintenance on walls to prevent decay? Are walls a part of the vehicle count?

Yes, walls will start deteriorating after 7 days by default. They will gradually "unbuild" themselves back to a foundation, progressing backwards one step every 3 days if not maintained.

(details here for the curious: https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/blob/Stable/SQL/1.8.6/pCleanupBase.sql

Walls are not part of the vehicle count.

Edited by Kerbo

Anyone heard of an issue of walls showing up on vehicle count and preventing actual vehicle re-spawn? A couple servers I play on think this is happening.

Anyone heard of an issue of walls showing up on vehicle count and preventing actual vehicle re-spawn? A couple servers I play on think this is happening.

Unless the server admin has changed the database functions then this will not happen. Players might just be confused because starting with 1.8.6.1 there are a lot more possible spawn locations and the spawn logic itself has changed. Vehicles won't necessarily spawn in the old spots right after a restart.

Is there a list of the new spawn locations? I understand vehicles may not spawn on next restart like before but I don't know of any new spawn spots.