alexanderswift

Stuck on waiting for character to create

This started tonight and I'm not sure what the problem is. DayZ was working fine a few days ago but now whenever I join the server and make it to the loading screen it'll just never get past the waiting for character to create screen.

I'm really puzzled as I haven't updated or changed my version since my last time playing but never encountered this problem before. Any ideas?

Edit: To add on I've tried numerous different servers to no avail, same thing on all of them. I had just died on my last time playing but didn't respawn.

I think with all the problems today people are getting this i am for one i gave up and went on Diablo lol

Stuck at wait for character creation as well............

It seems to be effecting only certain servers. My normal server I was on was up but was pitch black when I got in. And I mean black nothing could be seen. Tried my flashlight and either it never came on or came on but the server was messed up and it was just blackness. So I left and went to another server and I got stuck on waiting for character to create. Had to close it in task manager and tried another server same thing. So I went back to my normal got in and same blackness. Finally got into another server and it was blackness also. So I decided one more try and got into another server and it worked. Could see places and was able to play for about a hour and found me a nice CZ 550. All I can say is try different servers until you find something that works.

I get the same thing for a while but then I spawn invisible and unable to move in the debug plains.