Sign in to follow this  
Gamer11795

M1911 vs Revolver

I haven't seen a thread on this topic (one was about the ammo) so I thought I'd make one for your guys' thoughts!

Personally I love the revolver; people claim that the M1911 is only slightly less accurate than the Revolver at the pistol-inept 50~100m range but in MY experience I found the Revolver to be far more accurate IMHO. I can tell the Revolver is more noisier than the M1911 (*the wiki says both guns have 'Moderate' noise levels, but I think the Revolver should have 'High' noise), but that's fine for me because I only use my Revolver for clearing out Deer Stands, PvP close range, and getting out of sticky situations where IDGAF about detection.

Plus, ammo for BOTH guns is abundant! Win-win for both guns! :P

.01 for your thoughts! :D

1911 ammo is just as abundant. There's also one more bullet per magazine. That gives it a slight edge for me. The only reason I would carry a revolver instead is if my friend is using the 1911 and I don't want us sharing ammo.

Meh.. I haven't really found that -1 bullet to be a bigger disadvantage, but you reminded me of something else too- the fire rate. The revolver lags behind the M1911 in fire rate but I find this a blessing in disguise on Arma 2. I'm sure were all aware of that moment when a zombie is close to us - we shoot it - and then "DID I HIT IT?!" which we can't tell in an instant because the zombie might still run/twitch before the shot is registered and the zombie dies cold. *(Don't say it's my ping/servers, I found this commonplace everywhere on <75ms servers).

My first reaction (and some of my buddies) when I don't see the zombie drop dead is to clip more rounds into it, is to shoot again, and maybe again - wasting precious ammo in the wild. The revolver, you have something physically there to prevent you from doing that and letting you see if the shot registered or not which I think is a godsend.

1911 ammo is just as abundant. There's also one more bullet per magazine. That gives it a slight edge for me. The only reason I would carry a revolver instead is if my friend is using the 1911 and I don't want us sharing ammo.

M1911 ammo and Revolver ammo are interchangeable.

1911 for zombies... revolver for I don't know what.

Both guns 1 shot zombies.

1911 is quieter to players (same noise level to zombies which is why it's listed the same on wiki)

1911 has 1 extra bullet in a mag (more zombie kills for less inventory space is a huge win)

1911 has a higher fire rate (better for small hordes)

The only real advantage to the revolver is as far as I'm aware slightly higher damage which is only noticeable on players, but that's hardly an advantage when you consider the vast majority of situations would be better off using your primary weapon against a player especially now that you can lose zombies so easy.

The advantages the revolver had over the M1911 before ammo swapping were: Revolver ammo more common, revolver has better long range accuracy (pretty much irrelevant, the M1911 is perfectly accurate within its zombie one hit kill range, and you aren't going to use a sidearm outside of that). M1911 advantages were faster RoF, one more bullet per mag. Now that revolver no longer has its only meaningful advantage it's practically worthless.

The noise level is talking about how likely they are to alert zombies, not other players hearing. To which I am fairly certain they do have the same alert range, which is the highest of the sidearms.

The only real advantage to the revolver is as far as I'm aware slightly higher damage which is only noticeable on players' date=' but that's hardly an advantage when you consider the vast majority of situations would be better off using your primary weapon against a player especially now that you can lose zombies so easy.

[/quote']

I lost 11,000 blood to a single M1911 shot that wasn't a headshot way back when. One of my friends lagged while I was circling around him with zombies chasing me. It was within 10 meters of him though.

remember you can convert m1911 mags to .45 acp and back now, ammo is very much not an issue.

the fire rate on the m1911 makes it a much better general defence and PvP weapon. the revolver is better for picking off zombies over about 100m