Sign in to follow this  
soLch

An idea?

So I love this mod and I can't get enough of it!

I have read some other posts about people saying, 'what do I do now?'

In regular Arma II there are bases to be captured (via flag or so, i'm pretty new to Arma in general so maybe other methods)

Is there any talks about making some of the rural areas 'bases' through out the continent with maybe more guns, food ect. giving other players incentive to squad up and venture off to take control of that little cottage in the woods, clearing out zombies then claiming that base as theirs. While another squad could be forming up to take back control. I notice most of the action is in Elektro or Chern*** (dunno the spelling) while there's an ENTIRE map to be explored.

Just an idea from watching The Walking Dead. I myself too am saying okay, I have food I have guns/ammo what should I do now? and it usually ends up with me respawning and making a new character.

Would be awesome to get like 3 guys and plan an attack route up north knowing there are other survivors (bandits) that claimed this little town and they are holding a whole bunch of food and weapons.

Just an idea though, thanks again for this AWESOME mod!

I like the idea of taking a small house or village and using it as a base but not that it might turn the mod into more of a squad warfare thing and zombies only being an inconvenience.

Player built trading posts and hubs would be good though

Something like this would be cool, but not to the extent that makes it too structured or regimented and somehow keep it a real sandbox game. Not too sure how

I know what you mean by how it mite 'change' the game. I just think there should be some little side things to do to give a player an incentive to venture off to other parts of the map. I find myself playing near the coast next to chern and elektro only.

But if there were more villages out in the middle of the map known to have more weapons, maybe more zombies in that area, players would HAVE to go there to collect, kind of like how the airfield is but it feels like its the ONLY known location, if that.

Why not just cut the map in half, would that boost game performance?