Sign in to follow this  
akpe

Positional audio doesn't work when char switches orientation

Hello people,

I would like to ask about a weird issue I've been experiencing with DayZ audio, in order to know if it's a bug with the game itself, or if something could be wrong with my setup.

Let's say there's a zombie on my right, making the usual zombie/aggro sound. Of course on my speakers/headset I hear the zombie sound coming from the right. Now, if I immediately turn my character 180 degrees, I should be hearing the zombie on my left, right? Nope, I still hear the same sound coming from the right... If the zombie screams/rages/aggros again, then I hear the sound correctly on my left. If I turn 180 degrees, still on my left and so forth

Anyone else experiencing this? Could it be an issue of my hardware (SB Audigy 5/Rx) or are there any other similar reports, so I should report it to the bug tracker as an issue with the game itself?

Thank you in advance!

Edited by akpe

You are not the only one.

I have a dedicated sound card (x-fi extreme gamer) with a 5+1 speaker system, DayZ is not playing sounds as it should.

The whole audio is being rebuilt WIP but will take some time.

Have faith, the audio in other BI games is exceptional when coupled with a good sound setup.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/146-audio/

• Like 1