Sign in to follow this  
E.J.

Misc: Gun Bags, Shoulder Slots, Weapon Kits, Player Movement...

Hi all.

This is a multiple topic suggestion as I didn't feel like making several different posts.

Gun bags or cases (yeah I know similar to dufflebag suggestion). They use the backpack slot. They have enough horizontal space to fit any single long range firearm in the game in them, but nothing else. The cases would protect the weapon from water or hit damage (until ruined).

Shoulder slots. They need to be removed. Use a backpack or clothing to carry needed items until... You find or craft rope. Dragging or picking up the first 2 found or crafted ropes would add them to the players shoulder and chest region. You could then carry rifles, and or melee weapons with them (either or, which would allow proper double carrying).

Weapon kits. Modify weapon cleaning kits to make them "generic weapon kits" with limited uses depending on their condition.

- Cleaning and repairing weapons to pristine condition. This would take a kit in pristine condition to repair a badly damaged gun back into pristine condiiton and ruin the kit itself. Differing degrees of condition on the kit itself and weapon would lead to alternate outcomes in quality.

- As a kit, the modification of the weapon to fit any plausible scope available in game to any rifle. This would take at least half of a pristine kit's usefulness.

Player movement. Nuke the spasm inducing left/right, left/right, motions of players dodging attacks. Implement a momentum system where quickly changing directions depending on your speed would slow you down as your player shifts his/her balance. This would greatly improve the status of melee combat, and make approaching sniper situations a greatly different strategy.

Any additional ideas or criticisms welcome, but I honestly would like to see these changes made for a more satisfying experience.

Thanks.

Edited by E.J.
  • Like 1

I wouldn't mind needing gun slings to shoulder carry. Rope isn't that hard to find or craft, and maybe some guns could spawn with the slings attached.

Agreed all around, especially on the momentum system moving. Additionally I think turning should slow you down and general movement speed should be reduced, and you should not be able to reach full speed sprinting instantly. That's the main reason I can't play 1PP, trying to fight in melee makes me very nauseous with the super-twitchy/spasmy movement we have now.

Edited by OnionOfShame

I wouldn't mind needing gun slings to shoulder carry. Rope isn't that hard to find or craft, and maybe some guns could spawn with the slings attached.

Yeah, I hadn't thought of using rope to actually add a sling directly to the weapons instead of them creating back inventory slots. I'm not sure how that would work with melee weapons. In all reality melee needs reworked as a whole. You walk around a corner with a short bladed weapon, and the other person has a long rifle, chances are depending on their reflexes that they're going to get sliced up.

Agreed all around, especially on the momentum system moving. Additionally I think turning should slow you down and general movement speed should be reduced, and you should not be able to reach full speed sprinting instantly. That's the main reason I can't play 1PP, trying to fight in melee makes me very nauseous with the super-twitchy/spasmy movement we have now.

This is a good idea. It should take a at least 2-3 seconds to reach full sprinting speeds.

This will be the first and last time I necro post a thread, but I think it's necessary. I didn't want to start a new thread with the same content either, but this issue really needs adressed.

PLAYER MOVEMENT

The constant zig-zagging at close range breaks the game. I'll even go as far as to say that people who do this are exploiting. The current movement model is prone to, and perpetually, being exploited.

Make blocking (raising whatever is in hand) a thing to defend from melee, or even potentially firearm, attacks depending on the item.

This would make raising your rifle to prevent being axed a thing, and cause damage to said rifle.

Edited by E.J.

I love the gun sling idea more so for the realism it provides.  It looks rather dumb to see your gun on your back floating there.  The gun sling would look much more realistic.  I would also like to see the pistols fit in the pistol holster (the one that attaches to the plate carrier).  It looks fine when standing still, but if you are in any other position, it pokes through the top of it and looks goofy.

I'm all for some logic with the shoulder slots. Being able to craft a sling using rope, rags, or (if they're added) even belts. I would love to see the melee slot behave the same way too, or at least prevent melee weapons from being 'shouldered' without a backpack to hold it.