-AG-1- BrandonL

As an Admin, how do I deal with this?

Not to worry' date=' the battleye bypass bypasses script logging, not battleye reporting, their CD keys are being banned.

[/quote']

that i really dont understand fully. can u make precise explaination ?

greetz

kabs

We'll first off, the bypass doesn't work on newer versions of the beta, this is the reason to force players to have the latest beta.

Second, battleye does 2 things, one is to monitor scripts executed, the second is to monitor applications running. Since the bypass is detected (I'm not sure how detection is done exactly) people using the bypass will have their CD keys banned within 48 hours.

Third, all scripts executed (server-side and client-side) are logged in scripts.log, permitting the server admin has setup the scripts.txt correctly. Essentially the bypass doesn't bypass battleye itself, it only bypasses script detection/logging, hackers will not get banned for using a script but a known hack.

ahh ok thanx. yeah that what i most also found out. but i didnt know that if you have the latest beta patch that it would do so much on its own. i consider that there is still some setup things that will be needed through ?

so you know about the BEC tool ? is it still helpful with that latest beta patch or doesnt it ?

maybe u know something else that could be needful ? like updating some battle things for the server maintaince ?

what do you think about this forum section idea ?

thnx in advance

kabs

battleye will update automatically. BEC is great for thing like scheduling a restart, extended logging, auto kick for invalid name or profanity, and extra in-game commands. Although I'll admit i don't use the commands that much, it's well worth setting it up though.

Yes BEC works with latest beta (94444).

No, I wouldn't just simply ban out of suspicion, although I have banned people that were grouped up with a hacker that was spawning weapon crates..

Not to worry' date=' the battleye bypass bypasses script logging, not battleye reporting, their CD keys are being banned.

[/quote']

that i really dont understand fully. can u make precise explaination ?

greetz

kabs

We'll first off, the bypass doesn't work on newer versions of the beta, this is the reason to force players to have the latest beta.

Second, battleye does 2 things, one is to monitor scripts executed, the second is to monitor applications running. Since the bypass is detected (I'm not sure how detection is done exactly) people using the bypass will have their CD keys banned within 48 hours.

Third, all scripts executed (server-side and client-side) are logged in scripts.log, permitting the server admin has setup the scripts.txt correctly. Essentially the bypass doesn't bypass battleye itself, it only bypasses script detection/logging, hackers will not get banned for using a script but a known hack.

ahh ok thanx. yeah that what i most also found out. but i didnt know that if you have the latest beta patch that it would do so much on its own. i consider that there is still some setup things that will be needed through ?

so you know about the BEC tool ? is it still helpful with that latest beta patch or doesnt it ?

maybe u know something else that could be needful ? like updating some battle things for the server maintaince ?

what do you think about this forum section idea ?

thnx in advance

kabs

battleye will update automatically. BEC is great for thing like scheduling a restart, extended logging, auto kick for invalid name or profanity, and extra in-game commands. Although I'll admit i don't use the commands that much, it's well worth setting it up though.

Yes BEC works with latest beta (94444).

No, I wouldn't just simply ban out of suspicion, although I have banned people that were grouped up with a hacker that was spawning weapon crates..

thnx alot mate !

one question still standing out :P forum section for proactive help against hacking ? your opinion ?

thnx alot mate !

one question still standing out :P forum section for proactive help against hacking ? your opinion ?

I'm not really sure what to think of it, the best way to get hackers added to the distributed bans.txt would be to contact a dev on IRC/live chat. Cheat reports here don't do much, and most of the helpful threads get pushed under people complaining about admin abuse.

thnx alot mate !

I'm not really sure what to think of it' date=' the best way to get hackers added to the distributed bans.txt would be to contact a dev on IRC/live chat. Cheat reports here don't do much, and most of the helpful threads get pushed under people complaining about admin abuse.

[/quote']

na the forum section i mentioned wouldnt be needed for reporting hackers.

it should be a place where any new admin have a tutorial for setting up save server. and also a place where players can share about how they going against new hacks the best.

just like thoose hacker sites where they discuss about how to fuck us here.

I guess you didnt read the part where they are able to execute scripts from other players and getting them banned..............your logs mean nothing your banning the wrong people.

Kill the player (so the items get lost in case he took it from a hacker), log his IP, Steam ID, CDkey hash (if available?): Beg to the dev to add a global banning system (optional selection for server hosters) and ban him there forever if you actually caught him hacking (like this guy with insane amount of items).

If he is only carrying hacked items but not actually spawning ban him for a week-a month

thoughts?

I guess you didnt read the part where they are able to execute scripts from other players and getting them banned..............your logs mean nothing your banning the wrong people.

Actually, server admins who actively protect their server already closed that hole ;)

Sorry, WTFAU? I've not once banned the wrong person, although I doubt you have any experience maintaining a server. Not my problem, that script is blocked on my server.

In my ideology carry a hacked weapon, unless you spawned it in, is not bannable. Besides, how is every player supposed to keep track of what guns are legit and which are not? They could have got it from anyone they killed.

I don't care to read this whole thread and that could turn people off this post but heres what you should do.

be a fucking admin ban kick do what you have to do deal with the shit that come after. If the hacker thinks he can just post on the forums about it and get his way fuck him don't talk to him don't post just ignore him.

Oh, and FYI, unless you have a managed server, your BattlEye files will NOT be updated automatically.

Oh' date=' and FYI, unless you have a managed server, your BattlEye files will NOT be updated automatically.

[/quote']

how do you define a managed server ?

Oh' date=' and FYI, unless you have a managed server, your BattlEye files will NOT be updated automatically.

[/quote']

Managed means you don't have access to the physical box. Usually just some Control Panel. In most cases you have someone else managing the server and file versions.

That's wrong.

BE server dlls update automatically from the master server while your server is running.

Sorry' date=' WTFAU? I've not once banned the wrong person, although I doubt you have any experience maintaining a server. Not my problem, that script is blocked on my server.

[/quote']

you make it sound like your server is hack free, but I was killed on your server less then a week ago by the teleport in the air hack....

[/quote']

Managed means you don't have access to the physical box. Usually just some Control Panel. In most cases you have someone else managing the server and file versions.

just wondering if he means something else cauz you everytime have to care about battle eye and 3 party script checks etc.

its the first rule i learned when i saw in this forums there is no directly help to maintain your server against hacking...

same is if youre asking battle eye´s staff about wich scripts you should have blocked/shown up... they can only say to search for yourself ^^

really wondering why here is not such a forum section with much more help for that here. thats dull.

Hi all

I also want to have this section for securing our servers and help the admins agains ppl that want to ruin this fantastic game.

Yesterday there was a player connecting to my server the first time. A few minutes later he fly around with a helicopter. I stopped the server after someone found a helicopter and got killed by the helicopter explodes as he comes closer. But the helicopter looked like he was also explode before. I had nametags on so i know the name of the "pilot". I looked into my logs and found noting that shows me a script or something like that.

I havent made screenshots becouse i dont have steam active ingame. And Fraps was not running. In the end i have done nothing against this player, cause i found nothing that shows me he is a hacker.

Since this happens i check my script.log every day and it cost me a couple of hours to find nothing.

Please help us admins to detect scripts easier.

Thanks in advance

Polli

PS: Sorry for my bad english.

Edited by Polli

yeah, its hard for me to believe that the devs didnt gear themselfs for these issues by accident, somehow it feels like they might even encourage hackers more but im not sure what to believe, it could ofcourse be because its damn hard to spot hackers or something, but then try and develop something, and maybe let us know what is possible and what isnt, and then the community could deside an option that is possible to implement, why hasnt this been done? right now i would say screw the bugs.

i dont care about dying to bugs as much as i care dying to a hacker, bugs are a main part of a game, because its beta, hackers arent. but i believe in the dev team, i have my suspicions but will not judge as i have no proof, and wouldnt really agree with myself that anyone would make a mod to encourage hackers but that is the view you get from what is going on, thats the picture and most people will pick it up and start judging the dev team, so please rocket or someone, post something about you doing something about this to just let us know whats going on, dont be so silent.