lehmon

No more vanilla mod servers?

There are no more Vanilla DayZ Mod servers with alot of players like before, I know that US 434 is a vanilla server (I think its called that) but I'm banned from it! Never even joined it! All the other "vanilla dayz servers" are too easy, with buffed loot, more vehicles, etc. I just want good old vanilla DayZ no increased loot, no base building (aside from whats in already) no epoch/overwatch and not 1,000,000 vehicles because vehicles are supposed to be rare right? isn't that what dayz is about finding rare gear then risking loosing it, thats what makes it so fun plus the player killing, the intencity and the fact that sometimes zombies will one hitter quitter you thats what keeps it amazing. 

(psst) i'm australian so I cannot play on DayZ Europa (trust me I tried)

CCG vanilla server recently had a pop crash, I think they lost a bunch of data or hard reset the server.
Disorderly Conduct server pop is increasing, lightly modded from what I have seen (starter kit with winchester, water and antibiotics).

Musty Gaming run a couple of vanilla server from the US, should be playable, but pop is low atm.

Have you tried to approach the admin(s) of US 434 about your ban? Have you been banned from other servers? Could they be sharing a ban list?

• Like 1

Ahhh, I was gonna suggest Europa but yeah, if you're from Aus then you'd be looking at >300ms ping.

It might be wise to take Fern's advice and approach the owner of US 434 about your ban.

Fern, The reason I'm banned from US 434 is because of CCG, they use the same ban list I believe, because if I join US 434 it says CCG ban, XD I was banned from CCG for "Using Scripts" 1. I've nevrr done that in my life 2. They're fucking morons 3. I tried to appeal nicely now i'm banned from their website XD.

No one gets banned without a reason. Especially when suspicious of using scripts. And I can tell you, logfiles don´t lie. And yes, if there is absolutely NO doubt in a case, we server owners share information about bans. Still, there are often discussions about questionable or or unclear logs often leading to unbanning.

See, cheating is rampant on Arma2 servers and the server owners (including me) put a lot of effort and money in running the infrastructure for the community. Still, there are a strange people taking a huge dump and getting a fix from destroying the sandcastles of the other kids on the playground, even sometimes destroying the playground itself. I don´t say, that you did that, but especially the owners of the more popular servers get nuked several times a week and have to put up a lot of work to keep it all up, so skins are quite thin in this matter and the understandable policy is ban first, ask later.

Be nice, make your point, and if your point is legit I bet you will be unbanned.

btw... calling them morons on the official DayZ Mod forums, which all admins follow quite closely, is quite a daft move. Maybe you should try a different game after all.

Edited by dayzjarhead
  • Like 2

Fern, The reason I'm banned from US 434 is because of CCG, they use the same ban list I believe, because if I join US 434 it says CCG ban, XD I was banned from CCG for "Using Scripts" 1. I've nevrr done that in my life 2. They're fucking morons 3. I tried to appeal nicely now i'm banned from their website XD.

What is your ingame name? I may have heard something about this and may be able to offer assistance. 

Lookup ClanDoolittle on Dayz Launcher.  Its my server running 1.8.6.1.

Try the DayZ Nostalgia Server, it runs the 1.7.6.1 version from back in 2012. If you ever miss the old DayZ, this is the server for you.

• Like 1