Sign in to follow this  
potapmisha

Where are all damn AK74 mags?

Hello everyone.

I'm not sure that I selected correct subforum for this topic, if it will be looking better somewhere else, please move it.

Now to the point.

After long rest I've decided to try DayZ again. Before this I've been playing last time about half year ago. I thought: "Many things could become better after this time!". And it is, for example, some very stupid bugs were removed. But I spotted a loot issue that I didn't seen before.

For example, in police stations you can find A LOT of Makarovs (apx. 3-5 per one), but no mags for it! Literatully, Makarov mags are very common in military barracks, but I've never seen any in police stations. Same thing with many other mags. It's just unreal to find an AK74 mag. I've looted about 15 barracks and still dot't have even one. Sometimes I have 3 AKs, hundreds of 5,45 cartriges and no mags in one barrack. It's a bit stupid and unrealistic, don't you think? Only good source of this mags is Mi-8 crash, but they are very uncommon. And the same problem with much more weapons, e.g. Spotter or SKS.

So we need more mags!

Get this, spawn tables are even more screwed in Experimental.

Military baracks will often spawn only one type of item in huge quantities ( Tons of ATLAS bipods, or makarov mags) 

They dont even SPAWN ANY guns anymore (No more SKS, AKM, AK-101 etc)

You can find TTSKO and Gorka pants but no jacket.

All hangers spawn are hats

Tents are in the same situation as baracks.

• Like 1

Mags can be found at the guard shacks or broken down hummers. Along with the 74s and 74u.

• Like 1

Mags can be found at the guard shacks or broken down hummers. Along with the 74s and 74u.

May be I'm just unlucky man but I usually find only trash or nothing on them.

May be I'm just unlucky man but I usually find only trash or nothing on them.

Youre probably getting there after they have been picked clean. Try to log in after a server restart and see then.

• Like 1

I see them pretty often in the little brown jeep-type vehicles that are scattered around military bases and cities. I also see them outside of the small building that spawns all the loot on the steps. It seems to be some sort of military building with an office and a bathroom in it. I've been having a lot more luck looting military vehicles around the bases rather than the buildings, as the buildings don't seem to spawn much nowadays.

Youre probably getting there after they have been picked clean. Try to log in after a server restart and see then.

Last few times I've been looking for them at mil base in the forest on north (near Kamensk), it's not oftenly visted by players esp on empty servers (all doors were closed). But ok, I'll look more attentively.

Whatever it's still a big problem with police stations. You can find a lot of entry level weapons on them (Makarov, PM63, shotguns) but not mags for them. Makarov mags are only spawn at military barracks as I have seen. So I should take Makarov at start and then run to mil base to get mags? Sounds a bit stupid. It's tricky for fresh spawns.

Edited by potapmisha

Last few times I've been looking for them at mil base in the forest on north (near Kamensk), it's not oftenly visted by players esp on empty servers (all doors were closed). But ok, I'll look more attentively.

Whatever it's still a big problem with police stations. You can find a lot of entry level weapons on them (Makarov, PM63, shotguns) but not mags for them. Makarov mags are only spawn at military barracks as I have seen. So I should take Makarov at start and then run to mil base to get mags? Sounds a bit stupid. It's tricky for fresh spawns.

There are guard shacks in the industrial factory type areas of big cities you can check there as well. Novo has 3, i think cherno and electro have 2 or 3 as well but i may be mistaken.

I think you should be able to find guns with mags (not necessarily with any ammo or maybe just a couple of shots?)

I think that would be more realistic personally!

I think you should be able to find guns with mags (not necessarily with any ammo or maybe just a couple of shots?)

I think that would be more realistic personally!

Agree with you. Mags should spawn in the same place with guns. Not necessary in same loot stack. but if AK spawns in barracks - AK mags should too. If Makarov spawn in police station - .380 ammo and mags should be there too.

AKM and AK74 Mags as well as the weapons are mostly found at the guard houses which have too much loot at the moment.

However with 0.58 there won't be any loot spawning at all at them.