Sign in to follow this  
kglethean

My one tip to new players

So I've been playing for a couple days with friends and if there was one thing I wish I knew at the start it would be this helpful hint from the Game of Thrones.

[attachment=1696]

Seriously shoot everyone you get the drop on and trust no one.

no.

If i did this i would never have been bloodbagged in tight situations, looted towns with newbies, been helped to find a weapon myself, roamed the countryside with random players.

There is a lot more to it than just instantly killing everyone you see.

Old Chernarusite....beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression; the Bandit side of Chernarus are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the bandit path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it has so many other new players..

New Chernarusite..Is the bandit side stronger?

lOld Chernarusite...No, no, no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.

New Chernarusite...But how am I to know the good side from the bad?

Old Chernarusite...You will know... when you are calm, at peace, passive. A true Chernarusite uses life for knowledge ,defense and help, NEVER for attack.

New Chernarusite..But tell my why I can't...

Old Chernarusite...No, no! There is no "why".

no.

If i did this i would never have been bloodbagged in tight situations' date=' looted towns with newbies, been helped to find a weapon myself, roamed the countryside with random players.

There is a lot more to it than just instantly killing everyone you see.

[b']Old Chernarusite....beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression; the Bandit side of Chernarus are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the bandit path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it has so many other new players..

New Chernarusite..Is the bandit side stronger?

Old Chernarusite...You will know... when you are calm, at peace, passive. A true Chernarusite uses life for knowledge ,defense and help, NEVER for attack.

QFT

It may be hard but you'll have to be even harder.

Don't fear those Bandits nor shoot em' on sight, hug em, let em know love and peace so we, as a Race, may have a chance to rebuild Humanity !

Dangit, gotta watch some StarWars now :sleepy:

why not just avid people dont have to kill them ur as bad as them then

When I started my first player deaths where all getting shot without a warning without the other player saying a thing. Honestly, I have seen a player communicate with me ONCE when I just spawned without a weapon and he was there with his friend.

Nowadays I don't give people the chance to shoot first.

Part of your advise is flawed.

Trust no one = good

Shoot everybody = bad (unless you are a murderer of course: then you should murder everybody)

remember: it takes more skill to *not* shoot first... and to live to tell about it.

I'm still alive, so I must be doing something right.

I'll give you some advise that is even more valuable: do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

It's all the risk/loss factor.

When I'm a fresh spawn I ran into town speaking in direct anyone want to hook up fresh spawn or look for people who seem like they would like to group.

Bandits stick out like wildfire they are cautios, sneaky they try to dodge you and have ill intent as soon as you see them.

Most people I bump into on US and ANZ servers are keen to work a way out of the city the bandits dont really communicate they try to bait you and use tricks and are very suspicious in there behavior.

They don't want to build rapport so that they can alleviate there guilt for the murder.

Just look a what they talk about with there victories there not about conquering there about cunning and deception.

They provide the space of the mistrust in the atmosphere. But are a important part of his game!

I've been playing regularly for a month now and can say my best experiences in the game is when I meet new people randomly find gear quick in chern/elecktro and head out for wherever.

Then sometimes I may never seem that person again but he will remember my name and I his for the small amount of teamwork we went through to ge to we're we needed.

I suggest get your mic, toggle voice and speak in town. That's what I do and I've had many adventures including buses, airfields, NVG'S, camp raiding, etc.

You have to reach out before you can be grabbed. :)

I started out the same way as you Elias, killed with no warning from other players, but those few times when I didnt fire and actually talked to the person have so far been the most fun I've had. Whether it was coming across a newbie just spawned and helping them or stumbling upon veterans while raiding buildings.

I've never been killed by someone yet because if I see someone and I don't have a weapon, I get the hell out of there. However, if I do have a weapon I backpedal while aiming it at them so they know what the consequence will be for shooting me :P

(I once scared a guy away with a double barrel shotgun which I had no ammo for)

I still haven't shot anyone on sight and I've been fine. I still don't trust them, but I'm not a pussy who has to shoot everyone on sight to keep his balls in his sack.

(I once scared a guy away with a double barrel shotgun which I had no ammo for)

I must chase new players up and down the coast line with an empty shotgun some day :D

Tip: You'll find yourself lost, confused, hungry, thirsty, unarmed and only half full of blood during the first weeks in DayZ. You won't know south from north or coast-line from in-land, especially if you can't find a compass or map. Take a look around, determine land marks along the coast line and exit the lobby. Go to the armory, get in a good helicopter (Google:> Unlock Armory Cheat) and find where you are on the servers. Scout the map and determine where you can go from there :P

You can find easy pickings and plot paths by memory. This greatly helps you if you want to get away from the axe wielding coast-line maniacs.

It's not cheating, It's not cheap but it can ruin the atmosphere. All you need to do really, is do this until you learn which coast line you are on by identifying land-marks, towns and cities. Getting in a helicopter really help. Otherwise, you'll find yourself wondering into no-mans land on the East/North borders which waste HOURS.

Old Chernarusite....beware of the dark side. Anger' date=' fear, aggression; the Bandit side of Chernarus are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the bandit path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it has so many other new players..

[b']New Chernarusite..Is the bandit side stronger?

BOOM

pew pew pew pew

Old Chernarusite has died.

New Chernarusite... What the fu-ARGH

BADAAAM!!

New Chernarusite has died.

Fixed.