MadMcardle

[UK] MadMcardles Server [First Giveaway Announced]

I have just purchased a public server, just to get me started and used to using the ACP etc, I was wondering if someone could help me with the BEC, as I understand it that must be running right? But when I check it on the Addon Manager it says it is terminated. I just want to make sure it's all running fair and correct so I don't get a warning :P

Thanks

Mad

Edited by MadMcardle

Thanks for tweaking my topic to make it right magical invisible person :) lol

Hey there!

I currently am running my server through ACP as well. I've been messing around with it for the past 3 months so I have a good idea on what to do. I know how to code BEC at a level that is compatible with DayZ. What is it exactly you are trying to do?

Hey there!

I currently am running my server through ACP as well. I've been messing around with it for the past 3 months so I have a good idea on what to do. I know how to code BEC at a level that is compatible with DayZ. What is it exactly you are trying to do?

Thanks for the reply man, I just want to make sure my server is running within the guidelines as when it started up it said the BEC was terminated, but when actually in-game playing the BEC notices to pop up in the left hand corner, so I am guessing everything is fine?

Thanks for the reply man, I just want to make sure my server is running within the guidelines as when it started up it said the BEC was terminated, but when actually in-game playing the BEC notices to pop up in the left hand corner, so I am guessing everything is fine?

Well BEC in general is now discontinued and will no longer receive updates. However, you can still use BEC in the ACP addons. To code stuff, just go to the "Configuration Files" tab in the ACP interface and look for BEC. Open it with text editor, and BAM! Now you can code in custom messages, custom restart times, reservation slots, and under the admins config, Admin/Moderator Client Connection announcements. 

The coding, however, is a little different than Arma2 and 3. You just have to adapt lol.

If you need any more help, let me know!

Oh I see, well I am new to the whole PC gaming thing so will have to look in to it, I am learning to code so will be good for me. Thanks man :) is it within the BEC I can put a restart notice also? I think that is a really good feature.

Oh I see, well I am new to the whole PC gaming thing so will have to look in to it, I am learning to code so will be good for me. Thanks man :) is it within the BEC I can put a restart notice also? I think that is a really good feature.

The code is very simple once you understand it. And yes, you can make restart warnings through BEC. I currently have them on my server.

And all this editing is cool even though my server is a public one? Just to make sure :P lol

And all this editing is cool even though my server is a public one? Just to make sure :P lol

Yeah. YOU just cant restart the server whenever you want. It has to be scheduled and automated. They are super strict on public.

You cannot reserve slots though or kick people for slots.

Privates are the way to go honestly lol. They will probably get actual Admin Tools first.

Yeah that's cool, I was hoping to go private but Vilayer were out of stock if you can believe that? Lol. I only use them as due to my location they seem to be one of the only ones I get a decent connection, even then it's not golden lol.

Yeah that's cool, I was hoping to go private but Vilayer were out of stock if you can believe that? Lol. I only use them as due to my location they seem to be one of the only ones I get a decent connection, even then it's not golden lol.

Well VIlayer told me that they are no longer providing private shards any more. Thats why i had to change hosts to create our super shard.

Well VIlayer told me that they are no longer providing private shards any more. Thats why i had to change hosts to create our super shard.

Thats a shame, will have to change company myself I guess lol.

Got a little giveaway going via my server now guys, £10 Steam Voucher!

This server is going private from 0.58 and I am looking for more active players! I am on daily, mostly evenings but depends on shifts at work, I have some interesting ideas for some competitions and giveaways for server players only! Don't care about your play style, hero or bandit we need all types to have fun right?

Everything is being wiped when 0.58 hits stable, so why not go private then and reduce the chance of server hoppers! :)

This server is now closed in preparation for the new private server from patch 0.58