Sign in to follow this  
snarkaize

Dayz mod fps problem

Hey,i just installed dayz mod.Many guys said in mod you have more fps,but i have like 10-15.My graphics are low/normal and i did that thing with launch options and cfg,no difference.I need to say in dayz SA i have 25-30 fps so it's not normal :( can somebody help me ?

if you get good FPS on SA then you should be able to get awesome FPS in the mod look at the guid the above poster linked or just mess with your options. i get sort of crap FPS in SA but the mod for me runs smooth as hell but i spent awhile just messing with the video options. its the vanilla mod i hope you speak of compared to overwatch and epoch it has the best FPS IMO for me atleast. 

Depending on which mod you are playing and which server drastically affects performance. With how many custom additions, scripts, and the overall shitty handling of base building objects (not the fault of the mod makers, more the way createVehicle works) and server fps heavily factoring into client fps it will be extremely hit or miss server to server. Try around different servers and find a good one that gives you good client performance and stick with it if you can.

I play on dayz epoch.I did that thing from video but there is no difference.My other friend who have a similar rig like me has 30-40 fps with better settings then me,and i have only 10-15 fps...

Epoch can cause huge performance issues depending on the scripts the server admin is running and the amount of objects in the database, also what are your specs/settings and do you or your friend have an SSD or HDD? SSD was the biggest performance gain overall I received plus depending on your hardware a mixture or high and low settings may actually increase your performance due to some higher settings offloading to your GPU instead of your CPU.