DemonGroover

Day Z Urban Legends

Well, once upon a time I had to respawn cause of me being dead, spawned somewhere near Kamenka and was making ma way to Cherno for some good starter lootz.

There I was crawling near some Zed, when suddenly I hear that *shuffleshuffle* crawling noise behind be, so I stopped instantly, turned around and BAM there was a Guy right behind me, unarmed. He scared the shit out of me but as the last of the Friendleecans, I starter talking via VoIP

"Yo dude, you f*cking scared me"

"Wanna tag along?"

-No response-

I continued crawling with him right in my Ass, still talking to him, still no response.

Once I got past the Zeds I hovered my Crosshair ( ye regular server ) over him and the tag said "Man".

Right at this moment I shat ma Pants cause the only "Man" tags are usually Zeds on my map.

I started running like the Devil himself was chasing me, looking behind me ever few seconds, No sign of him.

"Phew, the fuck was dat"

When suddenly that "Man" was right behind me again.

I scare-quitted the Game in an instant.

Haven't done any research yet but geeeez pretty Legen...wait for it...dary.

I am seriously watching S01E16 of "How I met your mother":

575db9ec582a99e20699637204d11dec.png?134

When the static started I almost expected slender man to turn you around. Gj on vid

Thanks! Any suggestions for part 2?

The strangest thing I've just read in this story is definitely the server.

A server with all friendly players that are organized with a chopper to transport people without asking anything in return is something comparable to the legend of the Holy Grail.

haha, i must be pretty damn lucky too! AU 19 had a guy giving out free chopper rides for awhile :D

I just finished a huge zombie conga line at the Calamar runway in Lingor. 60-70 zombies i aggroed whilst running up and down the length of the airport.

I was bored.

A hacker even helped me out killing Zeds and dropping dead cows for meat. He said he would even provide me with a spotlight.

Some hackers can be good sports.

The bizarre thing about the event though......no one tried to snipe me. What mystery is this???

• Like 1

I heard about this "man from the woods" or something thar just appears and helps you..

I really wanna visit the... you know, the place we don't mention. Green-, you get the idea. At night!

And for great justice, stick this thread! This thread just greats so much atmosphere.

I have wanted to post here for a while. Roaming around the map is fun. One day I was signing in and my squad mate that was on called me in skype.

"Hey what's your cords" he asks. At the time I had no clue exactly where everything was. So when I rattled them off and gave my direction...

"You need to turn around, now, weird shit happens in that place." I gave a quizzical look even though he couldn't see it. I've been playing survival horror games for a while.

"Yea like what? You've got an AS 50 and I've got an AKM with more ammo then I know what to do with." Was my smart ass reply.

"Weird shit like I'm not, we're not going there." He pauses and right before I go to protest he continues "I was roaming last night while you were offline, I ran through the place, first of all when I got to the door it was swamped in zombies but I hear the flies so I go looking for a body, I found one. I open its inventory and hit the jack pot he was carrying all the guns I was, ammo for them all." So I smirk again and ask.

"Why is this such a problem?"

"The corpse was mine....when I came out of the inventory and inspected it, the cause of death was just -....-".

Now for a while I stayed away, lately I haven't, wanting my own little story of weird things. Outside the random back ground noise and the random huge zombie spawn as mentioned here I've not personally come across anything odd, at night or other. I did find some civilian zombies that just came busting through the woods at me once I was with in 200 meters of it as well...

Edited by Gavalin

Thanks! Any suggestions for part 2?

I really would have loved if the heli had crashed into green mountain because of a mysterious reason, or maybe a car suddenly standing at green mountain in front of the needles entrance, stuff like that, ya know

I got nvgs, I got GPS, I got rangefinder, I got AS50 TWS, I got M4A1 CCO SD, got my dew, and I have a radio.

THE TIME HAS COME.

B> heli ride near that mountain.

I must ask, does any EU players wanna visit the green mountain at night? We could organize a group.

Edited by Akku

Akku - tell us how you go - video if possible??

Sure, just gotta set up fraps. Gonna go this weekend.

Up north it is easy to survive because out just at the border of no mans land alot of animals are around because nobody is ever there to kill them.

Sure, just gotta set up fraps. Gonna go this weekend.

I fear for you Akku. Are we going to find a blood covered camcorder in the woods by Green Mountain?

• Like 2

Alright i've been carrying around this can of Mountain Dew around me for a while now,

nothing stranged happened till now.

Will now make my way towards Green Mountain and drink it at midnight.

Alright i've been carrying around this can of Mountain Dew around me for a while now,

nothing stranged happened till now.

Will now make my way towards Green Mountain and drink it at midnight.

Try saying the Hail Mary backwards too. Also you could slaughter a Goat and bring the meat as an offering.

Not sure if it's been posted yet but it's the most amazing video ever.

Edited by Bass50

Hey. I have recently joined the forum after a month of DayZ, and after reading this topic and deciding to trek to that mountain myself. I have a story. A long one, but I don't want to paste the whole thing on the middle of this thread. Does anyone know a trusted site that is allowed within this forum for hosting? Here's an extract:

“Dude, stop, stop,” he stammered. “I’m getting something close by with an ‘unknown’ tag”.

Immediately, a sense of fear I had never felt from playing a video game consumed me. In a second, my palms went clammy and all sense of reason evaporated from my mind. The stories I had read earlier came flooding back, the ways they spoke of the ‘unknown’ tag.

My lips opened without me thinking, “Back inside,” was the first thing that came to me.

Within seconds we were back in the tight hallway of that tower, the door closed and me pointing a measly G17 at the entrance.

We were truly at that moment hiding from the unknown.

Thanks in advance guys. This thread gave me one of the most unique experiences I have ever had from the game. Thanks again.

• Like 1

Hey. I have recently joined the forum after a month of DayZ, and after reading this topic and deciding to trek to that mountain myself. I have a story. A long one, but I don't want to paste the whole thing on the middle of this thread. Does anyone know a trusted site that is allowed within this forum for hosting? Here's an extract:

“Dude, stop, stop,” he stammered. “I’m getting something close by with an ‘unknown’ tag”.

Immediately, a sense of fear I had never felt from playing a video game consumed me. In a second, my palms went clammy and all sense of reason evaporated from my mind. The stories I had read earlier came flooding back, the ways they spoke of the ‘unknown’ tag.

My lips opened without me thinking, “Back inside,” was the first thing that came to me.

Within seconds we were back in the tight hallway of that tower, the door closed and me pointing a measly G17 at the entrance.

We were truly at that moment hiding from the unknown.

Thanks in advance guys. This thread gave me one of the most unique experiences I have ever had from the game. Thanks again.

Long doesnt matter, post it here or give us a link when you have written it up