Sign in to follow this  
fluidical

Weird way to increase FPS by increasing Graphics.

I made a video explaining everything (it's pretty bad, but helpful!)

So, certain settings in DayZ put load on the GPU and on the CPU.

If your CPU is bad, you can turn up settings that affect GPU pretty high.

If your GPU is bad, you can turn up settings that affect your CPU pretty high.

Bad= AMD cpu/gpu (in general.)

NOTE. IF YOU HAVE A BAD CPU/GPU YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RUN THIS GAME. (I'm giving it to ya' honestly.)

The video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK_mnCTnWYU

If this helps or if you have any other suggestions for improving FPS, please leave a comment either here or in the video's comments. Thanks, sorry about my annoying voice.

Edited by fluidical

Best way to improve your FPS: Don't play.

• Like 2

Damn, and here I thought my 28~ FPS in Elektro/Cherno at 1920x1080 was bad on my AMD CPU/GPU combo(DayZ is cpu bottlenecked in any scenerio unless you got a REALLY bad GPU).

Does CPU bottlenecked games favour Intel more, yes no doubt, but saying that AMD is bad in general(including GPUs as you said) is just...wow,

my brother got an Intel 5820k with 970GTX, he barely outbeats my rig in terms of FPS.

Otherwise, good tips, however there are plenty of guides about this already.

Edited by Zervox
  • Like 1

Damn, and here I thought my 28~ FPS in Elektro/Cherno at 1920x1080 was bad on my AMD CPU/GPU combo(DayZ is cpu bottlenecked in any scenerio unless you got a REALLY bad GPU).

Does CPU bottlenecked games favour Intel more, yes no doubt, but saying that AMD is bad in general(including GPUs as you said) is just...wow,

my brother got an Intel 5820k with 970GTX, he barely outbeats my rig in terms of FPS.

Otherwise, good tips, however there are plenty of guides about this already.

There are plenty of guides that don't explain it too well. I was just trying to help. AMD sucks and that's just my personal opinion. Doesn't mean I'd use anyone else though, I love my phenom II x6 it runs other games fine.

Not just that, I said that AMD GPU/CPU are a pretty bad choice for DayZ (for now) - I'm really hoping they fix the issue of DayZ only using 1 or two cores when you've got a 6 or 8 core CPU.

Oh, and I think AMD sucks for DayZ, yes.

Edited by fluidical

I can possibly agree that AMD CPUs are not that great but I have to disagree with the GPU. I have ran with AMD GPUs since I started PC gaming and will stick with them for as long as I can because they love the community way more than nvidia. I have had a 7950, 280x overclocked, and I'm going to buy the Fury X or Fury X2 when available for resolution over 1080p. I have always been able to run games at full graphical settings except for ARK on Epic. I know Nvidia cards are great but AMD GPUs are just as good.

Now to actually talk about dayz. I never get below 30fps in cities like Zelenogorsk or Novo and when I'm out of those cities than I get 60+. This in part because of my 3930K overclocked to 4.5ghz and not because of what brand of graphics card.

• Like 1

I can possibly agree that AMD CPUs are not that great but I have to disagree with the GPU. I have ran with AMD GPUs since I started PC gaming and will stick with them for as long as I can because they love the community way more than nvidia. I have had a 7950, 280x overclocked, and I'm going to buy the Fury X or Fury X2 when available for resolution over 1080p. I have always been able to run games at full graphical settings except for ARK on Epic. I know Nvidia cards are great but AMD GPUs are just as good.

Now to actually talk about dayz. I never get below 30fps in cities like Zelenogorsk or Novo and when I'm out of those cities than I get 60+. This in part because of my 3930K overclocked to 4.5ghz and not because of what brand of graphics card.

I've only had trouble with AMD GPU's. I dunno there's just something about Nvidia which I prefer

Benchmarks don't lie, theres a reason that the whole top of the list is dominated by nvidia for now.  That being said, with 4k gaming in the future AMD with its wider memory bus may very well pull ahead of the pack BUT for now nvidia is king.

• Like 1