Sign in to follow this  
Mitten

Disconnecting has become a major problem

Ran to stary ran into 6-7 groups of people between 2-6 people

out of those 6-7 groups that we fought how many did not disconected? 1 group, 1.

Most of these people shot at us first and when they missed their first shot and we shoot backthey instantly d/c.

I have and never d/ced against anyone, and it seems people have become too attached to their gear and it needs to be priority number 1.

5 seconds to d/c isnt long enough when you do change it make it 10-15, People should be logging out in a safe place anyways

also in a game called Mortal Online it was a simular style game to this and they had it at 40 seconds this needs to be fixed asap!

People see it as a get out of jail free card.

I recently helped a guy fight off zombies with a buddy of mines. The guy takes off running leaving us with the mess and hides, my buddy spot on says 'Hes gonna backstab us'

Sure enough a few minutes later all I hear is CLACK CLACK CLACK me and my friend split off running in different directions and hes calling out where he is, he returns fire and the guy disconnects.

I really would have loved to kill that son of a bitch, but so it is with the current game state.

so getting attached to your life is bad?!

No.

Getting so attached to your life that you'll disconnect (essentially a exploit as stated by rocket) at the first sign of trouble is bad.

On top of that its cowardly, pussy-like behavior be a real man and take it in the ass. If you're stupid enough to get yourself in a situation we're you are doomed to die you deserve the learning experience.

PS. Rocket is working on this issue, can't wait til its fixed. This thread is still essentially useless but a good place to vent.

Can we just get a sticky titled "Disconnecting sucks!" put in this forum? It's annoying to see new ones made all the time.

No.

Getting so attached to your life that you'll disconnect (essentially a exploit as stated by rocket) at the first sign of trouble is bad.

On top of that its cowardly' date=' pussy-like.

If you're stupid enough to get yourself in a situation we're you are doomed to die you deserve the learning experience.

[/quote']

I've gotten out of some pretty dire situations because of stalling, hide in a room with one entrance, tell a buddy on TS, what server, and where the attacker is. however I feel that it is kinda cheating the system, but rocket said its allowed.

I don't know why' date=' but people are assuming that I think this is part of the game.

It's not. I posted in a thread that was talking about that, that META-GAMING is explicitly allowed. I.e. infiltrating teamspeak servers and groups etc...

Disconnecting to avoid death IS an exploit.

It will be patched out, very easily, in a future update. The update is ready to go and will be released when the Beta patch for ArmA2 is out.[/quote']

This was said not long ago. its being phased out, just be patient and deal with the bs.

I would love to see a 45 second timer once someone disconnects from a server. Their character stays on the server, standing there vulnerable for 45 seconds, or even longer.

That would stop the disconnecting in it's tracks. In a firefight and disconnect, you are stuck vulnerable.

I've gotten out of some pretty dire situations because of stalling' date=' hide in a room with one entrance, tell a buddy on TS, what server, and where the attacker is. however I feel that it is kinda cheating the system, but rocket said its allowed.

[/quote']

That is fine, the attacker has plenty of time to get in on your position and kill you. If he has friends watching his back they could take out your friend. If he does it quick enough he can get in kill you, get what he needs and get out.

There are plenty of variables on how that situation could end, what kills the entire intensity of the situation and the pleasure of killing someone or having this crazy fight or flight standoff is when that player hiding in the room disconnects.

Like I said getting yourself in a situation where you are most certainly going to die unless some form of divine intervention occurs, it should be certain death.

Just cant wait til its fixed up.

On top of that its cowardly' date=' pussy-like behavior be a real man and take it in the ass.[/quote']

This the most concentrated example of stupidity I've ever seen packed into one sentence. Didn't they teach you adjectives in elementary school?

I would love to see a 45 second timer once someone disconnects from a server. Their character stays on the server' date=' standing there vulnerable for 45 seconds, or even longer.

That would stop the disconnecting in it's tracks. In a firefight and disconnect, you are stuck vulnerable.

[/quote']

Something similar like they have on WoW you mean? Yeah not a bad idea.

Why not make it a 10 second wait from when you press exit? Then if someone is shooting at you they have a chance to finish you. Just have to make sure the backpack would stay they once they logged off.

I have to admit that I feel the worst about one situation where I was about to log off and I saw someone ahead of me 200 feet ahead, I asked him if he was survivor, he did not answer and he looked around and pulled his gun out. He started to walk the opposite direction as me. So I asked him one last time before I logged off "Are you surivor? I can see you, please answer". He started to walk away again so I pressed ESC and went to press exit, right when I hit it, I heard a gunshot. I was curious what happened? The guy was walking in the opposite direction when i pressed exit. So I started up the game again to see what happened, but I was dead.

I think someone had been higher up the mountain side or a friedn of this guy I was chatting with and shot me from behind as i was leaving. I joined back into the server and I was dead. I did not intentionally just leave the game in the middle of a fireifght, I had not heard a gunshot until i pressed exit but I still felt bad beacuse I was not sure if my body was there for him to take the spot or not.

I have never just left while in a big fight with another person as it has happened against me a few times when I have been shooting at someone and they leave and it sucks. Still part of me felt really bad if that guy didn't get my stuff like he deserved, who ever he was (i did not see him as it wasn't the person 200 feet in front of me).