saginata

Can't play with test mode on

So I bought this game on steam some time ago. Checked the EULA and the requirements before. I try to start it and I get a message about test mode. 

How do I get arround this? I hack. I make software. I build hardware. I use some hardware that doesn't have signed drivers. I test stuff. I don't hack games. I don't hack dayz.  I don't hack anything directly related to dayz. There was nothing about this in the EULA or in the requirements. My PC is 100% compliant with those. How do I start the game WITHOUT turning test mode off? I shouldn't be forced to reboot twice every time I want to play the game. Test mode is 100% legal feature of windows. I need it. 

Saying that this is a way to prevent cheating is a lame excuse. Other companies can somehow do this without such unreasonable restrictions. Yes, test mode can be used for cheating. A keyboard can be used for cheating. Notepad can be used for cheating. A screwdriver can be used for cheating. Are you going to ban those too?

post-232292-0-58824400-1436385397_thumb.

Edited by saginata

Unfortunately that is the only way.

I used to use an unsigned mouse acceleration driver and I had to switch back to my standard mouse driver and reboot out of test mode every time that I wanted to play Arma or DayZ. It's a pain but it won't be changing any time soon, as far as I'm aware. Sorry!

• Like 2