Sign in to follow this  
venkman302

Dayz Veteran coming back for fun. Have a few questions

I have been playing Dayz since the mod and through all of the alpha standalone.  Love it, enjoy it.  Been gone for around 6 months.  I have read through a few posts for some answers, but some things I can't find the answers to.  A few questions to the dayz community from a private hive player  -

1 - Are loot locations recently changed in any major way?  Are military bases/barracks still the "it" spots? Thought I read that any loot can be found anywhere now.  

2 - Are there long range weapons now besides the Mosin?  Thought I read that long range scopes are in for many weapons now?

3 - Food status so far seems to be staying the same.  I am hungry and thirsty no matter how much I eat and drink, even after multiple log ins.  What gives?

4 - Are zombies much harder now?  I just fought one and it seemed like one shot with a .22 and one hit with the axe took it down.  Seems about the same as months ago to me.

5 - What is with the game STILL acting odd when I see an item, and just can't for the life of me take it.  It could be in the middle of a room but you try and try and that one item won't "retrieve" but then 5 minutes later the next items can be retrieved off the floor etc.

6 - Any tips on changes over the last few months in general that may be helpful for a lone wolf type pvp player?

Thanks everyone!  Excited to jump back in!

I have been playing Dayz since the mod and through all of the alpha standalone.  Love it, enjoy it.  Been gone for around 6 months.  I have read through a few posts for some answers, but some things I can't find the answers to.  A few questions to the dayz community from a private hive player  -

1 - Are loot locations recently changed in any major way?  Are military bases/barracks still the "it" spots? Thought I read that any loot can be found anywhere now.  

2 - Are there long range weapons now besides the Mosin?  Thought I read that long range scopes are in for many weapons now?

3 - Food status so far seems to be staying the same.  I am hungry and thirsty no matter how much I eat and drink, even after multiple log ins.  What gives?

4 - Are zombies much harder now?  I just fought one and it seemed like one shot with a .22 and one hit with the axe took it down.  Seems about the same as months ago to me.

5 - What is with the game STILL acting odd when I see an item, and just can't for the life of me take it.  It could be in the middle of a room but you try and try and that one item won't "retrieve" but then 5 minutes later the next items can be retrieved off the floor etc.

6 - Any tips on changes over the last few months in general that may be helpful for a lone wolf type pvp player?

Thanks everyone!  Excited to jump back in!

1. Loot still spawns in military locations but you can occasionally find it elsewhere.

2. Winchester, Blaze, SVD, CR and the new Hunting Scope. Mosin no longer has the LRS - it's limited to only the PU Scope.

3. Statuses are currently buggy.

4. Zombies aren't much harder and there are less of them at the moment. They do crawl now though.

5. Yep. Desync/buggy items and inventory management.

6. PVP is basically unchanged. All the hotspots are still pretty much the same. There's a lot more snipers now with the Hunting Scope and so many different options to choose from. Persistence doesn't work so don't bother with tents or building stashes/caches for yourself. Just gear up and go hunting.

Edited by Nicko2580