Sign in to follow this  
joshuabeatdown

Currant server system.

The whole not being tied to one server was great when there were not many servers, and you had to fight just to get on one. Now at this point almost everyone has a regular server, or a friend hosts one. There are also a lot more servers, and more popping up all the time. So don't you think it is about time your character gets tied to just one?

It would stop farmers from barricading building from the inside so no one gets in, or getting killed from behind in building because a farmer logged in.

It would also stop people from dcing, then logging into another server to go to another spot. So they can then log in behind people.

It would also allow people to have multiple characters, so they can play with out friends.

I really see it as the only way to fix those problems, since they have been on going for awhile with no fix in sight.

I see no reason to even keep the current system, as it only benefits dcers, and farmers at this point. Since those are two huge problems right now, and it would make actually setting up enclosed bases useful.

The only people I see crying about this are farmers, and dcers.

Edit: No one called me out on it, but I know the title is misspelled. It is suppose to be a joke, because its sort of a rant.

I completely agree. I think this will make the pvp more fun, and not to mention make it a more tactical game.

If this were the case, heli crash sites would become death traps. Now they are a lucky man's way of finding proper loot without getting shot

I made this exact suggestion a month ago and everybody hated it. I'm guessing now it's a popular idea.

There's a collection of problems related to having multiple servers that really need to be addressed, no question about that, but I don't think this is the solution. Happy to lose a character because the server admin no longer wishes to host the server? I'm not. I think multiple characters will remove a lot of tension from the game too. There's some very clever suggestions within the suggestions section but none receive any feedback from the dev team. I would be nice to know what is even viable within the engine/the team's capabilities to combat this collection of problems.

Sounds okay to me. You're already limited to one server anyways if you want to make use of tents or vehicles.

Seriously, I can afford loosing a character because the server is closed, but loosing all my gear because someone teleported inside my base is much harder to accept. We have other games, like minecraft, with the same system and there is this issue to loose a character because a server wipe or it is close, but even so the game is working and ppl play it online. Servers looks pretty "permanent" on DayZ. THe only problem is to know if this is possible to be implemented.

If this were the case' date=' heli crash sites would become death traps. Now they are a lucky man's way of finding proper loot without getting shot

[/quote']

Campers are going to camp.

You can only camp helicopter crash sites for so long, on server restart they move.

I definitely agree with this. It would make it easier for server providers to get donations for providing a stable server. It would also protect the players from server hoppers. All in all I can't think of any negatives for it.

Everyone depending on the hive can become troublesome if anything starts happening to it as well. If you want to start over without losing what you have you can go join another server to start fresh and when you want to go play on your geared character you can do that.

Keep it simple stupid.

All this suggestion does is make getting back into the game after you goto bed harder, and keeps servers crowded. The obvious solution is the same as the current PVP mechanic. Just force players to sit unconcious for a while after disconnecting and reconnecting to another server.

I think the main issue here is that the amount of data the HIVE would have to store would now be 100x larger assuming people frequent other servers. I'm not saying it can't be done, but the number of characters that would have to be stored would be many.

I don't agree with new characters for each server, however. Instead maybe if only the POSITION was different for every server. This would get rid of the massive amount of data needed to be stored, AND allow cross-server play.

I think they need a Sultana Server or Raisin Server, not a Currant Server - they just dont work.