Sign in to follow this  
gizm0

Wow things have gotten pretty bad

So, me and my group were going north of cherno after getting one of our guys off the coast, and ran into another another group, some of there members disconnected on spotting us, and I made verbal contact with one of them but nothing after responding, and our group disconnected to avoid a group hopping behind us.

Probably the worst way to break immersion. I really hope something is done to remedy this.

They should add a timer before you can leave a server. That should keep the dc'ers at bay

well my group wasn't gonna shoot them, and they didn't shoot us. I just find it kinda sad that they d/c because they assumed we would shoot :(

Here's an idea. If you disconnect without being idle for more than 15 seconds, you randomly drop one of your items upon d/c. It may just be a bandage or it could be your nvg's. Best of luck to you.

Yeah its not as if Rocket et al don't know about the problem, they just haven't come up with a viable technical solution yet. This is a mod after all so in a lot of ways they are constrained by the arma2 engine.

Just be patient, they'll figure something out.

Here's an idea. If you disconnect without being idle for more than 15 seconds' date=' you randomly drop one of your items upon d/c. It may just be a bandage or it could be your nvg's. Best of luck to you.

[/quote']

TERRIBLE idea.

Theres been numerous posts from Rocket saying hes nerfing this real soon in the next update or so.

Here's an idea. If you disconnect without being idle for more than 15 seconds' date=' you randomly drop one of your items upon d/c. It may just be a bandage or it could be your nvg's. Best of luck to you.

[/quote']

15 second wait time where you cant move or do any actions in-game should be fine. Maybe this should activate if you dc twice in an hour instantly because let's be honest, sometimes the game just bugs out like glitches you into wall or window when you are chased by zeds. Duno how they would track this between servers though

I had a thread like this, everyone said I should die

really odd?

I got killed in the same way.

On topic yeah I feel for you, it seems to be wide spread and has claimed many victims.

A timer after you DC will punish the innocent players that have lost a connection etc

maybe something that detects the Alt+F4 function?

PVP is apart of the game and needs to be in the game. just need to stop DC'ers and have less shoot on sight tactics.

I think a lot of people have misunderstood my reasoning for posting this, its not that they alt-f4ed but because everyone is afraid of coming in contact with KOS players they would rather not even risk it and just leave the server, which totally kills the social aspect of dayz which saddly bandits game anyway.

I'm not surprised I'm tempted to start doing it after yesterday where I got killed by some guilie suited guy who found me in the middle of nowhere who opened fire, I went prone let him have 20 rounds 7.62mm at 25m while he just stood there and killed me. 7 day old character with everything part from NV goggles, cammo and rangefinder bye bye.

Great mod, too many hackers.

I'm not surprised I'm tempted to start doing it after yesterday where I got killed by some guilie suited guy who found me in the middle of nowhere who opened fire' date=' I went prone let him have 20 rounds 7.62mm at 25m while he just stood there and killed me. 7 day old character with everything part from NV goggles, cammo and rangefinder bye bye.

Great mod, too many hackers.

[/quote']

Too many hackers and too many PVPers, way too many.

Pressing ALT F4 when I'm combat is starting to annoy me greatly. Me and my buddies came under fire at the North-East airfield and it sounded like it came from the Southern Barracks. So we flank around and the guy basicly decides to cross the airfield by the tarmac. We run up to him and as soon as we open fire he disconnects.

He basicly tried to kill us and failed. When we got up to him and tried to kill him, he disconnects. It's just a bit unfair.

I would love to see a 2 minute "logging out," where it's like going unconscious in the game. Yep, sometimes it would suck if you got a DC, but it's worth it to avoid the lame server hopping.

Here's another story like this:

I was playing with a fresh character earlier today. Managed to find some ammo and a crossbow without bolts. As I was sneaking throught Cherno I've aggroed a zed and had to leg it to the roof of the hospital. I've climbed the short ladder and there was this guy on the lower roof looking at his inventory or checking something on the ground. As I had no weapon with ammo I've just run past him, around the corner and jumped down to avoid him turning around and killing me. Then I took the long ladder to the top. From there I've looked down to see the guy laying prone for 2 seconds more, than disconecting. Owned.

Is this seriously another thread about DC'ing? The 22nd today?

rocket said it's an exploit. He said he's working on a fix. This was weeks and weeks ago. All of us are aware it's an issue and we're all waiting patiently for a fix.

PLEASE shut the living fuck up about it already.

I'm just worried that a fix for DCing will drive even more people to hacking because they can't deal with the game concept.

There will never be a complete fix because there's always the power button. So yeah, rocket can implement some punishment for disconnecting, but then people will just claim they had a power outage and were unfairly punished.

Want to stop DC'ers? Stop the shoot on sight mentality - that's what started it and that's the only thing that will ease it.

Personally, I say deal with it. If someone chooses to "quit" the game and deprive you of your phat loot, tough shit. What goes around comes around. Being deprived of what makes the game fun for you (PvP) is no different than non-PvP'ers being deprived of what makes the game fun for them.

Shoot them in the face or empty a whole mag into them and it should solve the problem next time, no time to disconnect after an instant death.