Sign in to follow this  
Srgntcuddles

Zombies, potential PvP reducer.

I see a lot of complaint about PvP. Just as much for suggestions to fix them, so here's mine. I'm not out to eliminate PvP. I don't LIKE PvP as a gamer because I'm more a casual hardcore gamer, but I like the thought of it here. It works. Sorta.

It's fairly simple and not really game breaking or require any new mechanics. Make zombies more worth it to kill. Increase the chance of loot on a zombie. When I see people playing I never see people searching the body of a zombie. I heard they do in fact drop things, but still people don't look.

How would that help?

Well, my logic is that it would sort of "dull" the attractiveness of shooting another player in the face. I read that most people only shoot others out of necessity. (But there are still those who do it for sport) If zombies have a better chance of dropping something someone needs, it would potentially reduce the need of killing someone else for it.

Of course there would be some balancing issues, don't want this to replace looting all together, just be a slight alternate way. This would (hopefully) effectively reduce the NEED to kill others. As well as increase the willingness to team up. Because if you didn't need something off another survivor, you would be more likely to not kill each other and work to kill zombies and survive.

TL;DR? Increase zombie loot drop = Reduction of killing someone for their stuff + Increase chance of teaming up = Happy days

Hope this idea works.

Wouldn't work. Players will always be holding better loot, and bandits will always have the draw of shooting things that roam away from zombie spawns (people). Basically, if you don't want to end up a bandit target, just watch yourself after you've picked up anything more than your opening supplies, and pray that you find a few people who won't shoot you in the back.

I loot zombies all the time! Great sources of food/drink and the occasional M1911 clip. Military zombies carry all the smoke grenades you could ever want (as well as the occasional 30Rnd STANAG Mag!)!