delete thread

Edited by baron_von_jackal

delete thread

If you posted in the wrong section, please make use of the "Report"-Button to make a Moderator aware that a thread needs to be moved.

Spamming the same topic again because it's in the wrong section will just clutter up the board, thank you.

Hello, guys. I have one short suggestion. To remove this feature - weapon swaying when aiming. I'm talking about periodic moments when your character starts moving his weapon in random directions and aim clowly flows left, right, up, down. Please, remove it. Reasons:

1) This makes no sense, unrealistic. What is this for in the whole world? What does it mean in the game? Health, hunger, thirst, temperature - all is ok, but you still have your hands and weapon moving on their own regardless of your own will. And it does every 20-30 seconds. What is real life explanation to this feature? Imagine you are hunting a rabbit. You can sway your weapon while idling, yes, but when you see a rabbit you should be a complete idiot to let your hands be soft and relaxed when you have to aim and shoot immediately. Maybe it should be so when player is tired, hungry or whatever, but not when he feels ok.

2) This is boring when game decides if you are a good or bad shooter. It is enough that a player himself has a pc-mouse which is not the best device for aiming at moving targets. Stop making things even more terrible. You can't enjoy your weapon because of this crap.

3) Animation is not complete, it starts slowly, but stops abruptly. Looks ridiculous. 

Give more sense to what you do with dayz mod.

Give more sense to what you do with dayz mod.

Merged. Please give more sense in what you post, if there's a topic about it already (not even 3 hours old)....

Also - have any of you tried painkillers to get rid of the shaking?

Merged. Please give more sense in what you post, if there's a topic about it already (not even 3 hours old)....

Also - have any of you tried painkillers to get rid of the shaking?

Looks like you find my suggestion offensive in some way rather than perceive the clear idea. And also you didn't even understand what I said. You didn't understand what kind of swaying I mean so your answer about painkillers is WRONG. As well as moving my whole topic to this discussion, it's wrong. Wrong, because my explanation of the problem is much deeper and my suggestions and questions are better explained, so this whole thread should've been moved to my topic instead. No one even onderstands what this current topic is about. My topic was clearly explained, why did you move it here where no one would find it at all?

Edited by Guest

Looks like you find my suggestion offensive in some way rather than perceive the clear idea. And also you didn't even understand what I said. You didn't understand what kind of swaying I mean so your answer about painkillers is WRONG. As well as moving my whole topic to this discussion, it's wrong. Wrong, because my explanation of the problem is much deeper and my suggestions and questions are better explained, so this whole thread should've been moved to my topic instead.

I am in no way offended, I merely pointed out that a topic about this already existed.

And there's no "I own this topic" or "my topic was better than yours" around here. It's about finding a solution to a problem, that in your oppinion currently exists in DayZ Mod.

I am just here to try to find a solution to this, and by seperating the topics because "my topic is better" the solution won't easily be found.

Would it be possible for you to upload a video to YouTube with the swaying?

I am in no way offended, I merely pointed out that a topic about this already existed.

And there's no "I own this topic" or "my topic was better than yours" around here. It's about finding a solution to a problem, that in your oppinion currently exists in DayZ Mod.

I am just here to try to find a solution to this, and by seperating the topics because "my topic is better" the solution won't easily be found.

Would it be possible for you to upload a video to YouTube with the swaying?

So you think that putting my well explained suggestion into this absolutely not explained thread is the way people can find the solution quicker? This is nonsense. And I have reasons to say that my thread is better explained than this one because: 1) it includes descriptions, well organized questions and clear suggestions, 2) because this thread doesn't include anything of this and people ask what this thread is about. This is more than obvious. And you don't need video of this weapon swaying. Just take a gun, start aiming using its iron sight and wait some time. 

Edited by Guest

And you don't need video of this weapon swaying. Just take a gun, start aiming using its iron sight and wait some time. 

If this is your suggestion to reproduce the issue for us developers, then there's not much I can do to help you, I'm afraid.

We have had a lengthy discussion about how Weapon Sway was bad a few patches back and we're now going in a direction where we're testing different things out. We will have to need more information than that.

Just as a question: you are aware that "Hold Breath" and "Zoom in" are by default the same buttons and thus can result in your issue?

(inpain or thirsty) and 11% Chance and not incombat 

are the preregs for the weapon sway.

​As kich has already said we are testing different ways to simulate difference conditions in this case injured or thirsty.