Sign in to follow this  
xpi_

'Unable to locate running instance of steam' Patch .57 problems.

Hello there fellow survivors,

Since I downloaded the new patch (.57) I am getting a launch error which is telling me it is 'Unable to locate a running instance of steam'

I have went through the Steam troubleshooting of this known error:

-Deleted appcache folder,

-Deleted known programs to interfere,

-Ran as admin,

-Verified files,

-Even reinstalled steam entirely and re-installed dayZ

Nothing of this worked and I have a feeling nothing is going to save me now until maybe another patch.

What is going on? The game was working perfectly fine (as best as dayz can) last patch, and now .57 I cant even load it. Sad times.... I really enjoyed playing and now I think my days are done just by reading through some trouble shooting topics. They all seem to say the same thing and nothing of it has worked.

If anyone has a new idea or something not listed above to try, please leave a reply

Thanks

Xpi_

• Like 1

Hello there fellow survivors,

Since I downloaded the new patch (.57) I am getting a launch error which is telling me it is 'Unable to locate a running instance of steam'

I have went through the Steam troubleshooting of this known error:

-Deleted appcache folder,

-Deleted known programs to interfere,

-Ran as admin,

-Verified files,

-Even reinstalled steam entirely and re-installed dayZ

Nothing of this worked and I have a feeling nothing is going to save me now until maybe another patch.

What is going on? The game was working perfectly fine (as best as dayz can) last patch, and now .57 I cant even load it. Sad times.... I really enjoyed playing and now I think my days are done just by reading through some trouble shooting topics. They all seem to say the same thing and nothing of it has worked.

If anyone has a new idea or something not listed above to try, please leave a reply

Thanks

Xpi_

Since nobody does anything here, except for defending the everlasting alpha stage, here's the simple solution: just verify the integrity of game cache in steam at the properties of the game. After restarting steam it should work, it solved for me.

Edited by xandrew