Sign in to follow this  
OnionOfShame

Ability to make masks from rags

Hello fellow survivors, I have an idea regarding masks. As many of you know, currently in experimental (and soon in stable) it is possible to create an armband from a standard rag. This made me think, shouldn't we be able to make a face mask in the same way? A rag is essentially the same thing as a bandana, and untied bandanas can even be used for a rag's primary purpose (to bandage wounds). It would be cool if we could make and dye our own face masks rather than having to find them. In real life I think that not wearing a mask would more often be a matter of preference for the wearer than the inability to find a mask.

On a semi-related note, shouldn't the preexisting masks be more common? Maybe not the gas mask. But bandanas are just a piece of patterned cloth. These should be extremely common. And for respirators, emergency facilities (police/fire stations, hospitals, etc) often keep huge supplies of them on hand in real life. Realistically we should be finding boxes of them in half of the emergency facilities we search.

I agree. We should be able to proxy masks out of common items.

Like T shirts-

FO3DW6UFI9N7S1O.LARGE.jpg

Duct tape-

ducttape.jpg

Or even shemaghs like in Arma 3-

Mfyv1O1.png

• Like 2

This topic makes me worried about my future wellbeing. 

• Like 1