johndstill@gmail.com

To all Vilayer LTD Customers

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am writing this to outline a few things for you. As of recently there have been many changes going on at Vilayer LTD and we feel that they are positive. In the last 3 or 4 days, you may have noticed some changes going on with your server name or restrictions VIA the configuration file. There is reasoning behind this.

In the interest of the customer, Lee, Ian and I worked many hours to ensure none of our clients were blacklisted (A host doing this amount of work is almost unheard of). Many clients were failing to follow naming convention restrictions, were disabling battleye and were passwording servers. When the DayZ team approached us and said that many servers (not just ours) were due to be blacklisted soon, we jumped into action to fix this. The "EU" code for server names is phasing out and country codes are being pushed in, you will see LU, DE, UK, FR, US and so on. Some EU had to be changed, so we put them at LU unless a client wanted another code.

We also changed things so that if a rule was broken, the server would go into a stop function to ensure that proper rules are being followed.

Some clients have emailed me stating that they still see other servers that haven't followed rules. These server will be blacklisted :).

Last night, Lee purchased 10 brand new server boxes (no resold, PURCHASED) in one of our EU locations so that we could load balance servers (as some were running with CPU up to 59%). We will be placing a max of 6 servers per box so that we can ensure fantastic server efficiency.

We have also added a timezone changer (in beta) so that clients may change the time on their servers 1 time every 24 hours. We are the only server host that offers this to customers.

IF you have issues over the next few days, please add me on skype (capecodcaper) and I will take care of you. Don't forget, I work during the weekdays for the consulate and am very busy until I get home, when I work for Vilayer, so I might not get to tickets or live chat right away. Ian is usually on, as is Lee and they work tirelessly (way past the time my ass is in bed) to get things settled for you.

Lee is in pretty important surgery today and is so dedicated to making sure everyone is happy, he said he should be available tonight. Crazy stuff!!!

So if over the next few days there is a longer than normal wait time for support, I apologize. We will get things settled ASAP.

Cheers,

Johnny

PS- I'm writing this on an airplane 30000 feet above ground level since I had a meeting in Dallas this morning :)

am I allowed to change my server name LU64 back to EU 92? or just for a few days at least because many of my regular players have a hard time finding my server :P

best wishes to Lee I hope he will be fine and be doing better soon, I mean it sincerely he is always nice and does a great job :)

Just wondering if theres any update on some vilayer servers being ofline? ours is down, has been all day, and unable to start/restart in the CP, no ticket responce, altho now I know why(surgery/slower times)

PS - best of luck in surgery lee.

US55 was hosted by Vilayer last night. Any idea if it's name was changed or is it just dead now?

As far as i know you cant but in the host bit of the title you can prob put "was EU92" that way it still shows up in server filter ;) thats what i did

yes but that would conflict with the new name convention :P I did change it to EU 92 at first but today changed it back to LU64 since I do not want any trouble for it so now that I found this post I thought I would ask nicely :)

DayZ - LU70 (1.7.1.5/93965) (Veteran|3D:ON|CH:ON) dayzmod.com - was EU61[uTC-6]TiTClan

Thats how mine looked ive changed it back now tho

aaah yes my bad :P custom text doesnt conflict with the name conventions thats true but I have noticed how many players only look at first part of the name like LU64 I had to tell many players to read the full server name I remember when players would come in a server then ask about crosshair and third person view xD

The HIVE is currently experiencing issues again so please try not to flood poor Johnny with support tickets, Your welcome to join the Teamspeak server though to keep updated and cheer on Johnny!

Before he has a coronary....

I think lot of people thought there's a problem with the server itself since it showed "Status: unknown" (no (re)start/stop button).

But if this has to do with the HIVE, people like me could sleep well. ^^

John server status is till stuck on starting which is in red, if i go into the current activity tab it says the server is stopped.

My server is still down and i have no way of getting it back up since the ACP panel is still inactive along with a few others i am seeing there servers are still down,not sure this is Hive related or not?

Just want to say that Vilayer servers are awesome and so are the support, thanks guys.

Want to know is there a reason my server is now showing "Status : Unknown" Not giving me an option to Restart or Stop it?

Is this a precautionary offline measure?

I have had that since yesterday morning but the status of my server still says starting

Just wondering if theres any update on some vilayer servers being ofline? ours is down' date=' has been all day, and unable to start/restart in the CP, no ticket responce, altho now I know why(surgery/slower times)

PS - best of luck in surgery lee.

[/quote']

Got the same thing as you i think, i'm seeing Status: Unknown