peliluola@gmail.com

DayZ Mobile app for Android (v. 1.50)

Any idea if this is going to be released on iOS platform?

Yes, as I wrote in my above post. I will start working on the iOS version right when the Android version gets 5k active installs. This is just to ensure the quality of the app so I don't have to tweak it on two platforms. Once one is perfected porting will be quick and painless. Currently I'm daily reading all the negative feedback the app gets and fixing those issues.

Edited by WoRtEx

If anyone has any quick suggestions, spill them now. I have just added the andrepcg's great heightmap on the app version 2.06 and also added the missing bicycle info text. There's some time for more features NOW but I'm going to roll this 2.06 out in 4 or so hours.

Just got Xaiier's permission to use his 3D map of the island on the app. You're going to love it! Still, give me suggestions for features.

11:40pm:

- 3D MAP IMPLEMENTED! There's still some hours left.. tick tock.

12:58am:

- Okay no suggestions, 2.06 has been published, should be available for download / update in the matter of hours.

Edited by WoRtEx

Would anyone be interested in a chat feature? What I've witnessed is that there are about 10-20 people online (on app) at the prime hours of the day and seldom under 5 in the mornings etc. This way you could ask quick questions in the chat or maybe arrange meetups or communicate with your friend to locate each other on the same server. Also, when not playing, you could write with other players about the game.

I think I could work on this tonight and maybe roll out a 2.10 version in the morning.

Edited by WoRtEx

No answers so far but I started working on the chat anyway. Let's see if I get it done by the morning. Should be a nice addition to the app. Stay tuned.

YES, YES, YES. The new DayZ Mobile version 2.10 with a chat feature is here! You can select a nickname and start chatting with fellow players using DayZ Mobile. Hopefully we can get some good conversation going there even when not playing the game.

Get DayZ Mobile from Google Play

If you can't install from Google Play you can download the .apk file.

Here's a screenshot of the chat feature:

http://droidsuccess....mobile/chat.png

EDIT: The version is now updateable from Google Play. If you have older than v2.10 I suggest you go there now :)

Edited by WoRtEx

Okay, starting to work again, any suggestions?

Currently on the workpile for tonight:

- Improving chat features (unique chat ID, users online, selectable font size etc.)

- Selectable links font-size.

- Fixing LMG ammunition

- Game hotkeys chart

And maybe some more I can't think of on the spot.

Suggestions are highly appreciated. Unleashing new version at maybe 2 or 3 am EST.

Edited by WoRtEx

Make an IOS app, (Iphone/ipod/ipad) etc

Yeah, very soon. First on regular iPhone with the 960 or what resolution and then to iPad. I don't think that many people have the hi-res retina displays yet.

Nice work man. just downloaded it to my galaxy s2. It gona be very handy. Keep it up.

It was a looong night but here I am again with some treats for the community.

The DayZ Mobile Version 2.20!

Changes:

- Chat now has a who's online page

- All chatters have unique ID:s for recognization.

- Chat font-size and timestamp is now adjustable.

- Game controls can now be found at Guides -> Other

- Some bugfixes (incl. half screen white on donate version).

Get the DayZ Mobile v. 2.20 from Google Play

It might take a while for the app's latest version to show up on google play so don't wonder if you still get the v2.10 when you download. You can check your version from the About page when you launch the app.

Does anyone know where I could find the full chernarus map so I could have a better offline map going? The current one isn't accurate enough but I can't find a good, big, highres map anywhere.

New version is out with a HQ World Map!

The DayZ Mobile Version 2.25b!

Changes:

- Integrated world map is now HQ for android 2.1 and up.

- Vehicle and Aircraft controls arent anymore mixed up.

- Weapon damage stats have been updated due to nerfing

- No more scroll at the top of chat if new message comes.

Get the DayZ Mobile v. 2.25b from Google Play

It might take a while for the app's latest version to show up on google play so don't wonder if you still get the v2.20 when you download. You can check your version from the About page when you launch the app.

NOTE: I made a little mistake and some of you will get a version that crashes when closed. About 5 minutes after that I uploaded a one that has the issue fixed so just keep your app updated and it will fix itself.

Edited by WoRtEx

Okay, there were some memory handling problems with that version so I have uploaded yet another version which should be the final. I tested it throughly.Also, there have been multiple requests to donate more than just the 0.99$ for the adfree version. I will also now accept donations to my Paypal Account. Every donor gets their name on the About page of the app under "Thanks for Donations". Keep in mind though that every app user - donor or not - is highly appreciated and keeps me working on the app.

Edited by WoRtEx

Yet another new version is out!

The DayZ Mobile Version 2.26!!

Changes:

- Integrated HQ world map now has a memory saving option that should enable HQ map for low memory phones and those that claim there's no space for some reason (SGS3 for example).

- Integrated HQ world map now also has zoom in and out buttons for those who can't use pinch zooming for some reason.

- Country flags on chat!

- Added DayZ DB to web browser links under "Wiki"

Get the DayZ Mobile v. 2.26 from Google Play

It might take a while for the app's latest version to show up on google play so don't wonder if you still get the v2.25b when you download. You can check your version from the About page when you launch the app. If you download using the .apk file link then you get the newest version straight up!

Happy gaming and see you in the Chat!

Edited by WoRtEx

I really enjoy your dayz app, but your GUI is just terrible.

Glad to hear :) The GUI can't be made so everyone likes it. I got to support older devices so I can't go with Action bar tabs :( Maybe some day tho.c

Edit: Thanks for coming to say it in chat too, that's my main place for feedback. What would you like changed? The UI is fine on my Galaxy S and other Galaxy phones, do you possibly have a tablet and find some links or something too small?

Edited by WoRtEx

I really enjoy your dayz app, but your GUI is just terrible.

I think it's fine and everything where i'd expect it to be :) Everyone has their own tastes though.

Maybe it's the device you're using to use the app ? I'm using it on an Archos 80 G9 - 8 inch touch screen that allows me to pinch to zoom in or out :) I don't think i'd like to try it on my iPhone though so again each to their own and their preferred device.

Thanks Richie.

I will now start to work on a private messaging system for the chat as it has been requested. Expect to hear back from me in about 9 hours.