Screeps

Problem with "waiting for character to create"

stuck most time at that or at "waiting for host".

i have autoinstalled the update with sixupdater. do i have toupdate the beta files manual or is the sixupdater doin that?

I can't really believe this post has no replies, because every server I've joined today had many people stuck in lobby. All were stuck on the "waiting for character to create" message. What is going on? Has this still to do with the DDOS attacks? Are others able to play?

Exact same shit here. First time playing since the new patch...

Replies would be good. :3

It probably has something to do with the DDoS'ing of Day-Z central server, most people are having this issue, give it time and if it still happens then i would worry about it. As of right now, during the DDoS attack, i would jsut wait it out.

Sources : Day-Z Dev Team Twitter, i cannot get in as well :(

The central node has been down again for the last few hours due to the attacks. It is ongoing we're working to fix it as soon as we can.

Well I agree with the wtf no more replies other than this. As almost all servers are slow and you get stuck on "Waiting for Chara" and not only that i've been trying to get on the forums for hours infact all day, to see what is happening..I figured the whole community trying to access the forums would have that effect.

I even rolled back the last beta patch thinking that had something to do with the waiting for character to create issue that started around 8 hours ago, but still it's persists....

I find it very strange that there's no mention or acknowledgement of the issues we're experiencing???

People just seem to use it as a chat lobby via Global chat...

I trust someone will shed some light on this ASAP.

Just noticed the DDos attack... Hopefully this will get resolved asap then...

Same thing here...

havent been able to play since lunch,kinda sucks cuz I managed to assemble 7 people to meet today,would have been a glorious day for looting....

i finally fixed my main menu bug to find that this happened

i hope it gets fixed soon

stil cant join server and like 9 hourse ago i have joined server but i spawned in middle of nowhere D: and i have so much good stuff and later i joine 2 other server at same location :( and now i cant join any server with this waiting for character

i have also noticed stats are offline on the main dayz page this may be related

but either way i hope this is fixed soon

Come on!

Whats going on right now.

Someone from dayz plz tell!

Come on!

Whats going on right now.

Someone from dayz plz tell!

Yes, it's down because DayZ central node/server is still under attack by DDOS (Distributed Denial-of-Service). It's an illegal act of flooding the servers network with bogus request that it becomes too busy with all the BS it slows to a halt and I hope the person responsible gets it up the ass.

so i had the same problem and i went to steam and under arma 2: OA i went to properties, local files, (Verify Integrity of Game Cache...) it found something and now dayz works

so i had the same problem and i went to steam and under arma 2: OA i went to properties' date=' local files, (Verify Integrity of Game Cache...) it found something and now dayz works

[/quote']

i did this and now it tells me i have a bad serial number when I try to play and I can't even start. What do i do now?

so i had the same problem and i went to steam and under arma 2: OA i went to properties' date=' local files, (Verify Integrity of Game Cache...) it found something and now dayz works

[/quote']

i did this and now it tells me i have a bad serial number when I try to play and I can't even start. What do i do now?

contact steam support man :(

What is would after having that verifying game files issue messed up..

Is trying re patching the dayz Mod files and then the beta patch... and perhaps a reinstall.... However since all servers are up in the Air and we're just Guessing I really do not know...

What else to suggest...

Have we had Admin on the forums posting any details of how long servers will be down... and what is being done to resolve this?? Anyone know ????

[/quote']

did you at least ran 1 time both Arma2 and Arma2oa before you install MODs and BETA?

[/quote']

did you at least ran 1 time both Arma2 and Arma2oa before you install MODs and BETA?

When I was getting Bad serial number, I just changed Steam.exe to run as administrator. That fixed it right away, worked on the next attempt.