krohnus

JSRS_1.5 does not work properly

Hey guys,

Over the past few weeks myself and friends have been playing the shit out of dayzmod. We are all running JSRS_1.5, and we have all have the same issues. We have also watched youtube videos of people on US 434 and they have the same issues whether they realize it or not.

ISSUE #1: certain weapons are not playing their JSRS sounds, instead they are stock. The DMR is one of them.

ISSUE #2: certain weapons are 100% dead silent (excluding sonic cracks) at ranges over 100m. Has been tested with M4's, M16's, AKM, and SA-58.

Now we thought maybe it was just US 434 but we tested it on the CCG servers as well and they have the same problem. So the issues might be caused by dayzmod or both servers have JSRS enabled wrong (I'm not sure if this is possible, I have no experience enabling mods on servers).

Here is a video example of the DMR:

Skip to 12:30 This is running JSRS_1.5 on US 434 (note it sounds like vanilla arma 2)

Skip to 0:20 This is running JSRS_1.5 on dayzmod 1.8.6 test server (it is a DMR just has camo attachment which is new to 1.8.6)

Jsrs is nothing to do with dayzmod so really cant comment on it.

• Like 1

Razor, i think what Krohnus is asking in a way is do you think that maybe JSRS is conflicting with DayZ mod cause these issues?

Yeah, is it possible that dayzmod in some way changes the arma 2 weapons and therefor jsrs doesn't register them properly?

eg. DMR.file to DMR_DZ.file

Edited by Krohnus

Do you need CBA for arma 2 jsrs?  I know with arma 3 and epoch not fully working with cba in the past (something about extended event handlers) some sounds (such as inside gunshots) were missing.

In the last update a new system has been introduced, partially updating the weapons to include an attachment-system.

This could very well be the problem you're having. There's not a whole lot we can do about that at this point in time, sadly.

• Like 1

Is there a way to direct the new weapon to use the same sound file JSRS is using if that makes any sense..?

Can confirm that JSRS_1.5 is working properly on the current dev build/server. Although I managed to find a few other bugs some also sound related, so I have put them on the dayzmod github.