roscomcl

Need help with my game lagging

Lately my game has been lagging alot and I dont know why, the game runs smooth and the stops working for periods of roughly 10 seconds then returns to running fine again (sometimes it stops for longer). The lagging is most evident at 1:20 and 2:06 in the video linked. Any advice you guys have is appreciated greatly and thanks for taking the time to read this. (sorry for there being no sound in the video, shadowplay decided not to record it). I have a geforce gtx 770 and a haswell i5 if that helps.

Edited by roscomcl

How much ram? seen this happen alot playing with 4 gig.  Once that fills up and it starts with the swap file shuffling the stutters started. Otherwise if you have the ram you need, is your HD painfully slow or is it on an ssd?

Edited by SaveMeJebus

Specs?

Also, enable desktop capture in Shadowplay. I was having the same exact audio problems and that fixed it for me.

How much ram? seen this happen alot playing with 4 gig.  Once that fills up and it starts with the swap file shuffling the stutters started. Otherwise if you have the ram you need, is your HD painfully slow or is it on an ssd?

I have 8gb of ram, I dont have an SSD and I dont understand what you mean by is my HD slow, thanks for the response

Specs?

Also, enable desktop capture in Shadowplay. I was having the same exact audio problems and that fixed it for me.

I5 Haswell 3.0GHz

8gb of ram

1000gb SATA III 3.5' 7200rpm 64M

Windows 8.1 64bit

650 watt psu

Thanks for the response

I meant RPM.  Not sure whats causing your issue though.  Have you tried with shadowplay off just out of curiosity? I know I started keeping mine off when I don't need it for a small performance gain in some games.

I meant RPM.  Not sure whats causing your issue though.  Have you tried with shadowplay off just out of curiosity? I know I started keeping mine off when I don't need it for a small performance gain in some games.

Yes I only recently started using shadowplay and I was getting the same lag before

This is the same lag as I am getting. I think it has something to do with the HDD. Seems like texture loading etc. Can anyone confirm? I'd like to buy an SSD if that would help.

Edited by Synton

This is the same lag as I am getting. I think it has to do something with the HDD. Seems like texture loading etc. Can anyone confirm? I'd like to buy an SSD if that would help.

I still get this type of freezing and lag with an SSD.

Could be a VRAM issue. Try putting -maxVram=2047 in launch options for DayZ. It helped with mine slightly.