Bush_Wookieing_101

Craftable Dovetail Mount and Scopes/Sights

Haven't played the game in like 3 months, but I caught word that somewhat far in the future, a building might be added that would house a gunsmithing sort of machine? If this is the case, I think it would be cool to be able to craft a dovetail mount and scopes/sights so you could add real customization to your gun. I know this would probably never happen, but it's a cool idea for the future. What do you guys think about possible craftable accessories for your gun down the road in development? Personally, I think it would be pretty cool.

• Like 3

The question is:

Will you make it using width, or overall width? B)

All my beans to the first person who gets that reference.

• Like 1

OP if you look at one of the status updates there is maintenance buildings all around the map you may have seen them around they are green with a wrench symbol on them. they are gonna be used to modify guns and add more customization options http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/222617-status-report-19-mar-15/that link will give you an idea of what is in store.

How would said player magically know how to machine let alone any gunsmithing ?

How would said player magically know how to machine let alone any gunsmithing ?

How would they know how to fire a weapon? How to reload? How to control recoil? How to skin a rabbit? How to drive a car, for that matter?

How would they know how to fire a weapon? How to reload? How to control recoil? How to skin a rabbit? How to drive a car, for that matter?

All of those are exponentially easier than somehow magically knowing how to machine a part let alone attach it to a weapon without destroying the weapon.

All of those are exponentially easier than somehow magically knowing how to machine a part let alone attach it to a weapon without destroying the weapon.

Not necessarily. Driving a car can be very complex (depending on the car of course) and not intuitive at all for people from cultures without cars. Who's to say our characters weren't trained in gunsmithing before?

What I was trying to say is that it's a video game. Yes it's a simulator so it should be realistic, but video games simply do not work when completely realistic. Imagine how horrible DayZ would be if the physical shape of our characters was completely realistic. Most people wouldn't be able to run through a major city without tiring or cramping up or something and slowing to a walk.

TLDR it's a game, some BS is necessary

Edited by OnionOfShame

I hope we're talking about installing prefabricated or cannibalized parts on firearms and not crafting sophisticated parts from scrap metal and bits of wire. I'd welcome the former.

• Like 1

i can already see myself crafting 300 AAC blackout cartridges for my modified m4 mixing 5.56 cases with 7.62 bullets, with a michael jackson sond playing on my radio in the background, while my bell peppers are growing to go with my deer steack :D . i still probably end up being killed by a bambi (i killed his mother, that fine) wearing a pink dress and balaclava, dual weilding broomsticks.