Sign in to follow this  
Tatanko

Tatanko's Monthly Social -- May 2015

Is it going to be on a private hive, like last time?

The event day is drawing close and 0.56 is nowhere near stable yet..  :(

Yep, private hive. Musty Gaming.

Going to be cutting it really close with any kind of update to Stable. At this point it's going to be a challenge to gather much in the way of supplies if I've only got a few days' notice, but that's exactly what happened last month so it's not a huge deal I guess. I'm hoping we get 0.57 to Stable prior to the event (read the Status Report if you haven't already) but we shall see.

qKVOZjdh.jpg

It's that time again! For the uninitiated, every month I host a social event open to the community where you can come and hang out with some of your favorite forum personalities, listen to music, tell stories by the campfire, and just generally have a good time. Everyone tends to get along great, and even though violence is rarely an issue, there is a security element to these events to ensure that everyone is able to enjoy themselves without fear.

As with every one of my social events, a new month brings with it a new event location. Just as I did with last month's event, I'm going to let the community pick the location for this month based on a short list I've put together. A time of 6:00 PM Eastern (22:00 GMT) seemed to work out well for most who wanted to attend last month, so unless I hear differently in the comments that will be the time this month as well.

Feel free to share ideas for activities in the comments :)

Date, Time, and Server

-Saturday, May 30th, 2015

-6:00 PM EST (22:00 GMT)

-Server Info TBA

-Summer Camp Friendship

Planned Activities

-Flare Gun Fireworks (pt. 2)

-Campfire Stories

-Music

-Cooking

-Suggest something in the comments!

This sounds great though :)

This sounds great though :)

Thanks! Everyone who attends usually enjoys themselves. It's a nice break from the chaos  :lol:

Are you going to have an archery, or some other sort of contest at the next GTG?

The reason I ask, is that I just realized that I have a game code that I haven't redeemed. I presume that it is still good. Anyway, I'd be happy to contribute it to the winner of an event, if you decide to go down that path.

Are you going to have an archery, or some other sort of contest at the next GTG?

The reason I ask, is that I just realized that I have a game code that I haven't redeemed. I presume that it is still good. Anyway, I'd be happy to contribute it to the winner of an event, if you decide to go down that path.

That's something that always gets brought up, and I'd love to do it, we just never seem to make it happen  :lol: The difficult part about planning for this particular event is not knowing when the Stable wipe will occur. I would have been stockpiling items by now, but they might all get erased before the event :(

That's something that always gets brought up, and I'd love to do it, we just never seem to make it happen  :lol: The difficult part about planning for this particular event is not knowing when the Stable wipe will occur. I would have been stockpiling items by now, but they might all get erased before the event :(

I hear you. I lost my tent this morning. My tent (probably both of them) along with three backpacks full of gear ... all gone. I had two protector cases full of ammo, a whole bunch of arrows, food, seeds, a change of clothes, weapons, etc. ... poof!

It's a wee bit hard to plan ahead, with this sort of stuff going on.

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 1

I may be able to make a late appearance with an early baby bedtime, we'll see.

• Like 1

I hear you. I lost my tent this morning. My tent (probably both of them) along with three backpacks full of gear ... all gone. I had two protector cases full of ammo, a whole bunch of arrows, food, seeds, a change of clothes, weapons, etc. ... poof!

It's a wee bit hard to plan ahead, with this sort of stuff going on.

I lost a big 5-tent camp last week from an official server going dark.

Luckily, the event server has not run into any such issues. Stuff from the last event over a month ago is still there  :huh: Given today's news about the update, I would say the hive wipe won't occur until after the party at this point. I was really hoping to have 0.56/0.57 for the party, but no big deal. Just means my preparation will be easier (hopefully!)

I may be able to make a late appearance with an early baby bedtime, we'll see.

We'd love to have you!

.. Stuff from the last event over a month ago is still there  :huh: ..

Does that mean I can have my jacket and vest back?  :blush:

Also, since my character is still there, I could probably help with hauling goodies to the new location — be a mule, as it were..

Does that mean I can have my jacket and vest back?  :blush:

Also, since my character is still there, I could probably help with hauling goodies to the new location — be a mule, as it were..

I wouldn't mind the help! :)

Can't guarantee anything in particular is still there, unfortunately. A lot of the clothing appears to be gone. Lots of everything else though! I lost my Musty hive character the other day, too, so I don't have any of my original stuff from last month's party...

I wouldn't mind the help! :)

Can't guarantee anything in particular is still there, unfortunately. A lot of the clothing appears to be gone. Lots of everything else though! I lost my Musty hive character the other day, too, so I don't have any of my original stuff from last month's party...

I checked my musty character recently and i still have my old stuff.  :D

• Like 1

Due to unforeseen circumstances with the Musty hive servers (no one's fault!), the event may need to be moved to the public hive this month. I'll keep everyone updated. Same policy in place as before, however: PM me the day of the event for the IP address :)

Get yourselves ready!

EDIT: Still on for the Musty hive (events server). See post #44!

Edited by Tatanko

I might swing by and join you guys. My english needs improvement tho haha  :D

• Like 1

Due to unforeseen circumstances with the Musty hive servers (no one's fault!), the event may need to be moved to the public hive this month. I'll keep everyone updated. Same policy in place as before, however: PM me the day of the event for the IP address :)

Get yourselves ready!

oh..pub..thanks god i m arm to the teeth! 

• Like 1

I might swing by and join you guys. My english needs improvement tho haha  :D

We've got party guests from all over the place, my friend. Even if you don't talk much, it's a good time and I think you'll enjoy yourself no matter what :)

• Like 1

Since this is a pub server how do we get into the ground? Do we need to rethink of the location for better defensive location? 

Since this is a pub server how do we get into the ground? Do we need to rethink of the location for better defensive location? 

Send me a PM :)

Ok folks! We are sticking with the Musty Gaming events server for this party. This is a private hive, so if you don't have a character established you will need to do so before the party on one of their other servers.

I apologize for the confusion this week, but I needed to have a backup plan in place. Fortunately, we won't need it :) I'll see all of you tomorrow evening!

Ok folks! We are sticking with the Musty Gaming events server for this party. This is a private hive, so if you don't have a character established you will need to do so before the party on one of their other servers.

I apologize for the confusion this week, but I needed to have a backup plan in place. Fortunately, we won't need it :) I'll see all of you tomorrow evening!

musty pub or event server? same password as last time?

musty pub or event server? same password as last time?

Event server (on the Musty hive). Yes, same as last time. If it the password doesn't work when you go to join, send a PM... it probably changed ;)

Unfortunately, it seems many are not going to be able to make it now this evening. As an alternative, I'd like to invite anyone who planned on attending to join me on Experimental instead :) I'm "Tatanko" on Steam as well if you'd like to add me.

I assume its on 3P experimental server?

I assume its on 3P experimental server?

Yeah me tatanko and bleedoutbill were on a 3rd person exp server last night.  B)

Edited by Dudester100
  • Like 2

Yeah me tatanko and bleedoutbill were on a 3rd person exp server last night.  B)

Okay :). Im on 1P so i have to make myself a character on 3P then  :lol: .