Vipeax

DayZ Maintenance ~ Should be functional again

Still can't connect to any servers and I am bleeding with no bandages even though I had loads before the crash :( And to whoever said they would get the hackers by IP address... I sincerely doubt it' date=' they would more than likely be using a botnet and the IP's would be some innocent persons machine!

[/quote']If you would have read everything I posted about it you would have understood what I said.

Also, anyone who is using a DDoS bot such as GreenArrow would barely know how to run the bot much less hide their IP address via multiple proxies. And him posting that he was the one doing this attack just proves to me that he doesn't know what he is doing.

I doubt the real person behind this would post about.. I dare say that was just a troll!!!

hi,

maybe this helps tracing the problem...

i got stuck allday trying to connect to several servers, the known problem.

i found a solution, or maybe just got lucky:

the trick is to preload the chernarus map.

start arma -> goto editor -> load chernarus -> insert player unit-> preview -> walk a fiew steps -> go back to multiplayer menu and try to join a server

good luck!

DDoS Attacks are from Zombie-Computers which got infected by criminals.

So no one can get the ip adress of the attacker (because the bots connect to a C&C Server, mostly located in countries like russia, etc.).

It is VERY hard to block such attacks from bigger botnets (Blocking really big botnets is nearly impossible).

I hope these little skids will stop the attacks, otherwise the devs must get a linux based hardware firewall, there's no way around it.

servers work fine now. maybe you trying to a server which hasn't restarted or something.

i noticed when i tried joining 1 of my old server which i didn't restart, it took ages to join.

but joining my newly restarted server it works like a charm

We have huge problems right now..

If you are driving with more than one person in the car, you get constant out of sync..

And you can't get into the servers, if you try to restart the server, the server wont fucking read data from hive..

Seems like the hive can't send all the data our server needs, and that is stucking players, loot and vehicles alot..

No, not down. Just overloaded.

Just got in after 20 mins of waiting, spawned in the debug forest...

Now waiting again.

Lots of people on the server have same issues (waiting forever, then spawning in debug forest)

Same thing for me and the preloading of the map didn't work :( Though thanks for the suggestion.

sadness. i just bought this game and waiting for arma to fully download just to come on the forums to read this......

Realy what this dude geting from DDosing the main server. He is griefing thousand of players of their free choice what to do with they spare time. Rly late me get a hand on him plz god. Hope ther is some thing like karma.

OMG HASNT BEEN WORKING FOR ME ALL DAY FIX IT PLZ

Thats really hard! Draw the consecuences and Suspend your Subscription to set Blizzard under Pressure fix it immediately. As a Paying costumer, they have to do it specially for you...oh wait!

Realy what this dude geting from DDosing the main server. He is griefing thousand of players of their free choice what to do with they spare time. Rly late me get a hand on him plz god. Hope ther is some thing like karma.

The problem with multiplayer community for almost every game now days is you have insane amount of kids under the age of 16 playing it, especially if it's a free mod like day z, and amongst all these kids you will always find some retard who goes the extra mile to get attention.

But I'm telling you man, most multiplayer community's for games now days is plagued with kid trolling and ruining it. A good example of this is League of legends.

Anyways guys keep up the good work and I hope we can have some sort of a server backup/roll back system in place so people don't suddenly lose a week of their character.

Is this a everyday situation? If it is then the game is a HUGE waste of money.

You should have been an abortion. THAT would have been a fine choice of money spent.

It's pretty simple guys, if you don't want to risk your character, wait until everything is confirmed stable. It's what I'm doing.

Nope, just a (bunch of?) pissed off hacker(s) that got banned and now they think it's fun to DDoS the community, they are just retarded (IQ less than 60) and googled their way DDoS the main server.

This should be fixed in 24 hours MAX.

Dude. You bought Arma 2 not DayZ. How stupid are people. Do you get mad at notch when a mod for minecraft doesn't work?