Vipeax

DayZ Maintenance ~ Should be functional again

Time to take some of that recent sales money and buy A REAL FUCKING SERVER for the Hive.

Time to take some of that recent sales money and buy A REAL FUCKING SERVER for the Hive.

Nope. The server is paid for out of pocket, and not by Bohemia.

Nope. The server is paid for out of pocket' date=' and not by Bohemia.

[/quote']

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. The mod that single-handedly sold more copies of ARMA than ARMA managed to do is running on Rocket's home PC? I think not.

Yeah and you should go sit down in that corner and maybe write a cheque for rocket for this 'server' you want. He clearly hasn't made nor asked for any money, received any donations for this mod. You should really shut up and keep quiet before posting something stupid, and the other 40% of you other idiots who also don't know shit.

Yeah and you should go sit down in that corner and maybe write a cheque for rocket for this 'server' you want. He clearly hasn't made nor asked for any money' date=' received any donations for this mod. You should really shut up and keep quiet before posting something stupid, and the other 40% of you other idiots who also don't know shit.

[/quote']

He works for Bohemia Interactive you twatwaffle. Looks like you're the "idiot who doesn't know shit".

Question: If I clicked respawn thinking that not being able to connect properly was a bug on my end, will my character get wiped when the server does come back? Fingers crossed...

Im guessing the HIVE is having more issues tonight? All servers have "?" next to their pings, which indicates that ya still having server errors

Question: If I clicked respawn thinking that not being able to connect properly was a bug on my end' date=' will my character get wiped when the server does come back? Fingers crossed...

[/quote']

Seems like people are getting their characters corrupted somehow and spawning in the debug forest. This is probably where you'll end up if there is some sort of issue, unfortunately.

Yeah and you should go sit down in that corner and maybe write a cheque for rocket for this 'server' you want. He clearly hasn't made nor asked for any money' date=' received any donations for this mod. You should really shut up and keep quiet before posting something stupid, and the other 40% of you other idiots who also don't know shit.

[/quote']

He works for Bohemia Interactive you twatwaffle. Looks like you're the "idiot who doesn't know shit".

He was contracted for Arma 3 you derpy fuck.

DayZ still has zip to do with BIS. So therefore they arent paying for the servers and it is in fact out of their own money.

... and on a related note...

http://www.hackforums.net/search.php?action=results&sid=4351e350c99f0b86e2293b9556551a18&sortby=lastpost&order=desc

greenarrow has a stolen macbookpro in his possession and is in school.

He's just learned to used nmap and is running an ircbotnet.

It would likely be fairly easy to find his ip and make a call to whichever service provider he uses and have them turn off his service and have a chat with his mommy. ;)

... or alternately one could think about dropping by his house and eating him. (just a thought).

DayZ still has zip to do with BIS. So therefore they arent paying for the servers and it is in fact out of their own money.

He's an EMPLOYEE at BI.

[/quote']

Decked / Strike : 2

JKFlipFlops : 0

Employee or not this mod is unrelated to sales of Arma 2. Even though statistics say ever since Dayz was released prices went through the roof, and BI made a lot of money from this mod, it is completely unrelated. They didn't make Arma 2 Dayz they made Arma 2: Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead. > Free mod > Funded/maintained by rocket and his team > not BI funded.

He's an EMPLOYEE at BI.

Employee or Contracted. It doesnt matter.

BIS arent funding DayZ servers or development.

... and on a related note...

http://www.hackforums.net/search.php?action=results&sid=4351e350c99f0b86e2293b9556551a18&sortby=lastpost&order=desc

greenarrow has a stolen macbookpro in his possession and is in school.

He's just learned to used nmap and is running an ircbotnet.

It would likely be fairly easy to find his ip and make a call to whichever service provider he uses and have them turn off his service and have a chat with his mommy. ;)

... or alternately one could think about dropping by his house and eating him. (just a thought).

Have to be logged in to view it, and I am not registering on a hacker board. Just post the content, please.

Content is from multiple (h)posts... general whining of a immature teenager.

Going backwards from greenarrows steamid to his cc info to a call to local authorities/service provider should be pretty darn quick.

It doesn't secure the server but it certainly stops the specific attacker.

Going backwards from greenarrows steamid to his cc info to a call to local authorities/service provider should be pretty darn quick.

that would be great, but slightly illegal, because in todays world is those that stand up to the bullies that get arrested.

Well, it's not a DoS, but a DDoS. I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure that blocking one IP wouldn't work. Even if he had his internet turned off, that would probably take days from now, and it might not be as easy as you think. Not saying it isn't possible, but who knows.

Well' date=' it's not a DoS, but a DDoS. I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure that blocking one IP wouldn't work. Even if he had his internet turned off, that would probably take days from now, and it might not be as easy as you think. Not saying it isn't possible, but who knows.

[/quote']

the point is, if mommy takes his computer he cant do anything. Also if authoritys get involved he will be punished for using something illegal. But sadly hell probably claim we were all "cyber bullying" him, hell get off the hook, and we will all get shut down because hes "just a kid". I had to do a whole report on this crap, it happens more often than you think.

@Abrun4 read the first post, they won't be replacing characters lost to this. They don't restore characters period anymore, gotta suck it up and deal with it like the rest of us

Good to know i lost my character ' date=' whats the email to get your character back with your stuff?

[/quote']

considering its so easy to die and lose all your stuff and considering the problems going on with the servers in the first place i highly doubt youll get anything back. start over. they have enough work to do already. you shouldnt have been trying to log on if you knew there was a problem.