Vipeax

DayZ Maintenance ~ Should be functional again

I risked joining a server while it was lagging and I lost all my stuff in a moment : (

Just wait for it to be stable again, guys.

Ha! Me and my girl just made it too each on the beach at Cherno when they went down. Dont really care if i lose my gear or char..gonna lose it along the ways anyways , just hoping we both spawn next to each other when they are back up again.

Script kiddies,,go outside and get some sun..it will help that pale white skin of yours and chances are you might meet some real people ..you know..ones that dont rely on memes to fake humour and actually have conversations that use more than three letter words.

Beans..i must have beans !

Dude. You bought Arma 2 not DayZ. How stupid are people. Do you get mad at notch when a mod for minecraft doesn't work?

Ssssssss *BOOM* NOOOO MY HORSE YOU SICK BASTARD!

Is this a everyday situation? If it is then the game is a HUGE waste of money.

You paid for Arma2. Play that, it's great. DayZ is a FREE mod for Arma2.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore...

Its a free mod cock smooch. You paid for Arma 2, not DayZ. Why is this so hard to understand?

This made me laugh as well. What a turd.

Dont be a moron, of course its not. Some script kiddie got banned for using hacks and now hes paying for a bot network to ddos the main server lol

it's annoying that's for sure, but whatever not a big deal

you guys have someone in your group that is helping hackers or you don't know how to be secure enough to not get hacked

whatever it is, lets get to the bottom of it, fire anyone who seems even a little weary howcopy

I used to try to befriend newbs in Cherno and Electro, and after perusing this forum for an hour or so, I just want to roll down there with my AKM and KILL THEM ALL

Ugh, I'd prefer if the website was down at the same time as the servers. Then, if I can't play dayz, I can check the forums. If the site was down, I'd know if dayz was down.

it's annoying that's for sure' date=' but whatever not a big deal

you guys have someone in your group that is helping hackers or you don't know how to be secure enough to not get hacked

whatever it is, lets get to the bottom of it, fire anyone who seems even a little weary howcopy

[/quote']

rofl do some research lol.

Its a Denial of Service Attack.

Well,

I saw once a tactic to give DoS attackers a taste of their own medicine. It works especially well if you use a network of servers, like DayZ has. I believe it was called "An eye for an eye". I am not sure if it is legal, though, so I am not suggesting to use it, just for the sake of discussion.

Just imagine if the central server getting hammered from some hacker's IP address. Now imagine that server relaying that IP address to its own network of servers, which start hammering that IP address back. So, basically counter DoS with DDoS.

However, the problem is that in the case of DDoS, the machines used for it are most often of some unaware users who have ended up going to visit a wrong page, and are not even aware of what is going on. So combating DDoS is a whole different animal.

I do not believe i have seen useful countermeasure against it..

Hive is being ddos'd.

Twitter has a guy called 'greenarrow' (new account 2 tweets to date, all connected with this attack), basicly claiming responsibitly for the first attack, and then a second tweet, spreading the new hive IP, probably to other skiddies that have been banned, to try and propagate the attack.

Retarded children like this, will be getting a visit, from whatever local cops call their shambolic 'cyber' force.

It may take a few months, but this derp will only leave a trail through various ISP's and proxys that spill the beans (why you no protect the beans?).

Twitter will not flinch to hand over ip connection info..

If that IP connects to any Tornet IP, all is still not lost for the feds..

Large scale ddos's generaly leave traces either way.. and a buttsore script kiddy with some cloned CC details should probably take 2-3 months before getting a knock on the door..

actually... you need just one programm... i'm not going to tell you how find it nor what it's named but it's pretty easy. You download the programm, enter an IP adress or www. adress and the programm will use all available ressources of bandwith to attack the target server with requests... that's something your grandma could do... so don't talk about "Hackers". These guys have probably no idea what REAL hacking means. They're just some pissed 12 year old kiddies...

Dont know what you guys are talking about losing stuff. I tried to log in while the servers were supposed to be down and got hung up at waiting for character to create. Hours later logged back in just fine with all my gear. All I can tell you is dont get attached to your gear. It will come and go quickly. You will do something dumb or a hacker will kill you. Its inevitable. I cannot count how many times I died with really good gear only to find much much much better stuff as a result of my death. DayZ is a roller coaster, sometimes your at the top of the hill and sometimes your at the bottom. In the end thats what keeps us coming back for more.

Well' date='

I saw once a tactic to give DoS attackers a taste of their own medicine. It works especially well if you use a network of servers, like DayZ has. I believe it was called "An eye for an eye". I am not sure if it is legal, though, so I am not suggesting to use it, just for the sake of discussion.

Just imagine if the central server getting hammered from some hacker's IP address. Now imagine that server relaying that IP address to its own network of servers, which start hammering that IP address back. So, basically counter DoS with DDoS.

However, the problem is that in the case of DDoS, the machines used for it are most often of some unaware users who have ended up going to visit a wrong page, and are not even aware of what is going on. So combating DDoS is a whole different animal.

I do not believe i have seen useful countermeasure against it..

[/quote']

Someone must of had their bean stash stolen in their tent, so they decided to attack the game itself......... asshole.

Hive is being ddos'd.

Twitter has a guy called 'greenarrow' (new account 2 tweets to date' date=' all connected with this attack), basicly claiming responsibitly for the first attack, and then a second tweet, spreading the new hive IP, probably to other skiddies that have been banned, to try and propagate the attack.

Retarded children like this, will be getting a visit, from whatever local cops call their shambolic 'cyber' force.

It may take a few months, but this derp will only leave a trail through various ISP's and proxys that spill the beans (why you no protect the beans?).

Twitter will not flinch to hand over ip connection info..

If that IP connects to any Tornet IP, all is still not lost for the feds..

Large scale ddos's generaly leave traces either way.. and a buttsore script kiddy with some cloned CC details should probably take 2-3 months before getting a knock on the door..

[/quote']

Nice find, I'd love to see this 8 year old googler get grounded for a while.

Realy what this dude geting from DDosing the main server. He is griefing thousand of players of their free choice what to do with they spare time. Rly late me get a hand on him plz god. Hope ther is some thing like karma.

Rocket, just inform the authorities of the counrty the attack came from, its pritty much illegal anywhere. Would love to be a fly when this feltcher gets caught.. Watch him cry as much as some Hardcore DayZ players have been doing..( <3 to the hardcore dayz players )

"If you value something' date=' you deserve to lose it" I wondered if the same thing applies to "real life".

[/quote']

Yes it does now stfu !

Yeah , its not centralized, its from huge botnets, wich have thausand or up to some millions of host nuking one target.